Home

Is using motion on a run a cheat?

This is a discussion on Is using motion on a run a cheat? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Is using motion on a run a cheat?

is using motion, when the computer is in man, on a run a cheat. please post your thoughts here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Is using motion on a run a cheat?

My thought:

If it works, use it. Just not all of the time.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

absolutely not, teams use motion all the time when running. Lets you move out a db from one side if you're running outside to the side he vacates and can make a tight end lead block. Not a cheat so keep it up if you enjoy doing it.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Theute19's Arena

OVR: 3

It's not a cheat, but sort of an unfair advantage.

It just makes running the ball that much easier in the game.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #5
Redfield

OVR:

If you play on Heisman(like I do) using motion on running plays is almost a neccessity. Not for every time you run the ball, but I would say motion accounts for about half of my running game. Especially on counters, sweeps, and options. Just my two cents.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2003, 01:21 PM   #6
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

It can't be considered a cheat because the CPU does not call man-to-man every time. Also, the CPU does call their defense based on down-and-distance. Also, the CPU does adjust to what you are doing. So if you consistently call a run play to the right/left and motion all the time, the CPU is going to realize this and adjust.

Two examples:
Running to the outside on the right, you always motion the receiver to the oposite side of the field. If the CPU is in man-to-man coverage, the corner will follow. Well, after a while of doing this, the CPU will adjust to what you are running and might call a zone or a play where the corner covers the flats.

Another example, you call your running plays to the outside right. You always motion your receiver to the opposite side of the run. If the CPU is in man-to-man, the defender will of course go with him. But that might mean the CPU has one of the outside linebackers covering the outside run. So you always have to read what the defense is doing. If you see the corner follow the receiver, it doesn't actually mean the outside run is not going to be covered. One of the LB's might be playing man-to-man on the halfback.

I play on Heisman, and it's not difficult if you go into practice mode. Run one play continuously against a randomly selected defense. This way, you can start to learn where holes are about to be if you ever come across it in a game situation. After a while of doing this, you switch to a different play and again run that one against a randomly selected defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »