Home

Does anybody have rules for kick returns?

This is a discussion on Does anybody have rules for kick returns? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does anybody have rules for kick returns?

Like that they can't use a player on kick returns that has over 90 spd or whatever? Or that they don't put starters at kick returner or punt returner? It's just too easy to return kicks on this game so that's what I think I might start doing.

Anybody have any weird rules like that they follow to make it more challenging?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Does anybody have rules for kick returns?

I find it kinda hard to return kicks, I've returned maybe 2 or 3 since release.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Like that they can't use a player on kick returns that has over 90 spd or whatever? Or that they don't put starters at kick returner or punt returner? It's just too easy to return kicks on this game so that's what I think I might start doing.

Anybody have any weird rules like that they follow to make it more challenging?
I'm goofing around in a 'sty and have a 99 overall player with 99 speed I created returning kicks and I've only ran back like 5 or 6 in two seasons. It's more about the blocking than the guy returning.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's weird that u 2 don't return as many. I by no means consider myself great at doing it, but I average returning about 3 or 4 a season if I put my fastest guy back there. I just wish it wasn't so easy for me. Really takes away from the realism.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah I've returned like two kicks and one or two punts the entire time I've had this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I agree with you.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I usually have a guy up for best returner each year, don't always win because the system to determine the winner is rigged like crazy but I'm always up there.

The problem is when the CPU kicks on or outside the hash, which is more often than not. Those are incredibly easy kickoffs to return if you have any speed back there, the CPU just cannot cover that very well because it doesn't crash. So it ends up being your 4 blockers in front against 3 or 4 guys and your blockers win. I don't really have a rule for it, but I usually just try to at least cut back so other guys have a chance at me rather than just go right up the sideline. Same rule I have for when the CB glitches out on the option.

As for punts, those are much tougher to return because when you cut back, it is basically an auto-clipping penalty and even if you get the edge, there is always one super human guy that runs you down. I didn't return any punts last year but my returner led the nation in punt return yardage. I did block a couple punts though, 1 for a TD, 1 for a safety.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

My main dynasty I am a DC so I don't return kicks.
I just started playing as head coach at Ohio State (in that same dynasty), and have had 3 kick returns for TDs in our 8 games so far. . All were with the same 87 speed halfback with low 80 acceleration, I just have good blockers. I ran an SMU dynasty and I have a 96/98 speed/accel guy, he never had a TD return. Ever.

In all the games I have played where I have returned kicks I might, might, have 8 total return TDs. So props to you guys, but I honestly don't have that problem yet.Keep in mind I have only probably played 400/450 games where I have returned kicks (Play now, Online, Dynasty), and some of those were as short as 5 min quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »