Home

CPU Head Coach Firings?

This is a discussion on CPU Head Coach Firings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #17
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Head Coach Firings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymuffler
My 2 year contract at Ole Miss is now completed. As their OC, I won 2 National Championships, 2 SEC Titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans. My coach prestige is an A. Ole Miss has offered me a new contract to remain the OC and I also have the option to apply for the HC position at SMU. I am thinking of passing on these two positions to see what offers may open up. I'm fearful that if I pass on Ole Miss then nothing better will be available this year since most major schools have their coach for one more season. I know that they could potentially fire their coach to offer me but it's a risk because Ole Miss is now a 5 star school and I recruited good players.

What would you guys do, stay for another contract at Ole Miss as the OC or decline the offer and take my chances in the carousel?
Pass up the SMU job and see what comes up. If anything stick with Ol Miss another season or until something you want opens up.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 01-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

has anybody had any luck starting off as a HC at a 1 or 2 star school and getting another HC offer at a "big school" or are the big school HC offers mostly for coordinators?

just seems that if you take a 1 star school and turn them into a 5 star powerhouse in 4 years that it would make more sense to just move them into a big 6 conference instead of waiting around for a offer from a "big school".
Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I decided to decline the contract to remain as the OC for Ole Miss. I turned them into a 5 star program and it was tough to leave my recruits. Now I'm waiting on the other players in my OD to take their turns in the coaching carousel. Interestingly, another player in my OD has been offered my OC position since I left after my contract was completed. I'm hoping that a top school fires their coach and offers me, but I may be hoping for a long shot. I'm afraid that I'll have to take another OC position before I ever get a 5 star or 6 star program to offer me as their HC.

As a side note, Notre Dame is set as my Alma Mater and when I go to stats or other screens on my OD, Notre Dame is the school that is shown as if I'm on their coaching staff. Is it doing this because I currently don't have a contract with a team and Notre Dame is my Alma Mater? Or, is this a hint that they are going to offer me?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #20
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

I finished year 1 as the HC with Tulane unranked with a 12-1 record and a 2nd place finish in the new CUSA

I got 4 offers in the off-season from
Florida Atlantic
Western Michigan
San Diego State
San Jose State

to be their OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

why is this even in there?!?!
who would leave a HC job to be a OC? WHO?!?!

the only reason you'd go from a HC to a OC/DC is if you were FIRED

PLEASE fix this for ncaa13
Old 01-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

We went through the coaching carousel in my OD. Me and another user declined to accept new contracts from our current schools to see what offers we would receive. After finishing my 2 year contract at Ole Miss with an A prestige rating, 2 National Championships, 2 SEC titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans, I am now the OC of Florida Atlantic. How did this happen?

We only have 4 members in our OD. 2 guys have current contracts, then me (OLE MISS OC) and another user (SDSU OC) completed our contracts. I won the NC, he won a BCS bowl game and was ranked 2nd after the season with winning the Heisman Trophy for Ronnie Hillman. We both figured that our chances at a good OC position or HC position would be high so why stay at our current schools. We both received HC offers for 1 star schools and OC positions that were either equal to or worse than our previous OC positions. After going through the entire carousel we were forced to sign contracts at 1 star schools.

Now what do we do, stay under our new contracts and take the best possible job next season? Or since this seems unfair and unrealistic, can we leave the dynasty and be invited back to take our old jobs back after creating new coaches? There isnt a question of if our commish is okay with this cause it would be okay to do considering how unfair this system is, rather we're wondering if you can rejoin an OD after leaving?

Last edited by rustymuffler; 01-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »