Home

User Vs User problem, As commish what do I do

This is a discussion on User Vs User problem, As commish what do I do within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
User Vs User problem, As commish what do I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_Package
I thought the spirit of this OD was to be more sim than cheese.

Nanoblitzing: Nanoblitzing is one of the biggest exploits/cheese against an offensive line that is controlled by AI.

Aggressive Strip Ball: The efficacy of this is way too high. It used to be in previous NCAA games that you would get face-mask penalties for doing this every single play. To counter this you have to use conservative running which means few broken tackles and few yards. You couple this with nano blitzing and you get an unstoppable defense and a neutered offense. And the last ingredient...?

Chew Clock On all-game: We are here to have fun and play a full game of football. This option makes it incredibly non-sim and unsportsmanlike if used all game. Using this tactic in combination with aggressive strip ball and nano blitzing makes it even less likely that your opponent can even compete.

His DE had 7 sacks in the first half, for god's sake. It's not as if he had a godly RE either. His 88 OVR RE was lined up against my 89 OVR LT. Sliding protection and putting a TE on the side of the formation didn't help either.

I'm here to have fun competing with other members of the OS community. This sort of play, for me, sucks the fun out of the game. It shouldn't come down to who is more unsportsmanlike and cheeses with greater fervor. If that becomes the case we'll have the QB/HB walking for a touchdown each drive.
I have explained that everything my friend and fellow OD coach has issues with are legal in the OD but maybe the other user needs to use tact when using some of the tactics. I am at a loss for what to tell Brutal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: User Vs User problem, As commish what do I do

Well, other than the nano blitzing(which I question) the whole post is nonsense from a sore loser. And unless the opponent was using the shake blitz or shifting his linebackers constantly pre snap than the blitzing is legit too.

Tell him, "Im sorry you feel this way, after investigation I found nothing wrong or unsim with how the user plays. Your free to leave this fictional online dynasty at any point in time"
Old 12-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I have a problem with the strip ball too but that's realistic to some people. I have NEVER seen a team strip ball the whole game. Now the chew clock is not acceptable. Ppl are not playing full length quarters and to shorten them for any reason other than sportsmanship is ridiculous. That's not sour grapes that's bull!!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I have a problem with the strip ball too but that's realistic to some people. I have NEVER seen a team strip ball the whole game. Now the chew clock is not acceptable. Ppl are not playing full length quarters and to shorten them for any reason other than sportsmanship is ridiculous. That's not sour grapes that's bull!!!
It's called ball control and strategy. It's the opposite of someone who runs hurry up all game.

Go online, use a run based offensive attack with chew clock on, and watch how stupid your opponent plays because he gets impatient. It's beautiful. It's almost like your opponent feels likes he's playing behind the whole game because you eat up 3-4 minutes a drive.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
It's called ball control and strategy. It's the opposite of someone who runs hurry up all game.

Go online, use a run based offensive attack with chew clock on, and watch how stupid your opponent plays because he gets impatient. It's beautiful. It's almost like your opponent feels likes he's playing behind the whole game because you eat up 3-4 minutes a drive.
Not realistic. 9 plays a quarter is bull and should not happen. If we played 12 minute quarters i wouldn't care, but what you call beautiful i call cheap.

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 12-17-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Not realistic. 9 plays a quarter is bull and should not happen. If we played 12 minute quarters i wouldn't care, but what you call beautiful i call cheap.
How many times in real life do you see teams snap the ball with 10-15 seconds on the play clock THAT DON'T RUN NO HUDDLE?

Its rare.

But this is a video game so I won't get into it. But running the clock down is part of a users strategy. If you don't like it, than it's obviously doing what I intend it to do. Frustrate.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
How many times in real life do you see teams snap the ball with 10-15 seconds on the play clock THAT DON'T RUN NO HUDDLE?

Its rare.

But this is a video game so I won't get into it. But running the clock down is part of a users strategy. If you don't like it, than it's obviously doing what I intend it to do. Frustrate.
So the goal is to get realistic number of snaps in such a small time frame. I don't get the point of holding the ball when that's already a hard feat to accomplish.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

so are you calling no huddle cheap, unrealistic or both?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »