Home

NCAA 13: First Community Event

This is a discussion on NCAA 13: First Community Event within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #209
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA 13: First Community Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Well what do you know......a blocked FG in the Bama-LSU game. Blocked FGs, blocked punts need to happen in NCAA 13. Special teams needs an over haul. This whole regular season and bowl season, game after game we have seen how important special teams is in real life. Blocked punts, blocked FGs, punt returns for TDs and kick off returns for TDs happen a lot in college football.

This needs to be represented in the series.
And to add to this PENALTIES!! mainly pass interference that change the course of a drive..
Old 01-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #210
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
After watching the Broncos game, I want to see the following:

1.QBs actually throwing on the run.

2. WR juking the hell out of DBs when they run their route. I must say DBs were getting turned around all day long on both sides today.

3. WRs using the stiff arm after they catch the ball and actually get YAC.

4. DEs stripping the ball from the QB from behind.

5. Aggressive WRs who attack the ball and catch juggling passes.

6. Some type of leadership rating that makes everybody on the team play better. Tebow isn't the best QB, however he has good leadership and people play hard for him.

7. Safeties and Linebackers losing focus on the WRs and TEs because they are respecting the threat of a dual threat QB. You seen this by the Steelers safeties all day long today. They were more concerned with Tebow taking off that they left the DBs with no help over the top.
These are good. I would avoid features like #6 though. For one, there is no quantifiable evidence that players perform better under good leaders. Secondly EA would totally botch this up. Just like jump the snap, home field advantage, ice the kicker. It's just too gimicky and would ruin gameplay further. They need to stick to fundamentals.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #211
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
These are good. I would avoid features like #6 though. For one, there is no quantifiable evidence that players perform better under good leaders. Secondly EA would totally botch this up. Just like jump the snap, home field advantage, ice the kicker. It's just too gimicky and would ruin gameplay further. They need to stick to fundamentals.
Science is not the final truth to all things.

Some people have that ability to motivate others to perform beyond ther norms.

M. Jordan, T. Dungy, J. Montana, W. Gretzky, M. Ditka and others.

They have a gift to motivate others to perform at a higher level no matter their performance level.

Madden had it in '08 as an ability and it worked fine without a big uproar from the community.
So it's there already to be used.

Hopefully Madden Traits concept make it in for '13 because after 4yrs on Next-Gen, the only thing that is variable between player's in the game is SPEED.

At some point, player's will need to have some type of attribute that gives variation between each player.

The Washington Redskins showed a few years ago how a stacked roster with talent/ability fairs without that player/coach with some type of leadership attribute on the team to get them to perform above and beyond.

It's such a rare quality that Collegiate/Pro teams spend Millions every year hoping that someone on their roster has this ability.

NCAA FOOTBALL needs player traits period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #212
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Yeah, if you do them correctly, player roles make the game so much more fun.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #213
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
right, cuz some CPU school would have a 70 rated team but a pair of Tebows and Honey Badgers who skill wise aren't even that good, but they'll pickup 4 fumbles a game and have 5 one yard touchdown runs, where their leadership factor helped their 70 rated teammates get ALL 4 turnovers within your 20 yard line, rendering ur 3 straight top 10 recruiting classes useless.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #214
Banned

OVR: 32

I'm sure some of this has been brought up, but I don't feel like reading through 22 pages...

Give QB's different throwing motions. Madden has this feature - let us choose a motion. Some QB's could throw overhand, 3/4 release... You get the idea. Maybe it's just me, but every QB has the same throwing motion and that just seems lazy to me.

Let us have hyphens (-) and apostrophes (') as options in the edit player screen.

Player roles

Those three things seem simple enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »