Home

NCAA 13: First Community Event

This is a discussion on NCAA 13: First Community Event within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #65
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Oh I remembered something. Ask them to stop having CPU max protect every single time a blitz is called. It kills screens because the CPU makes all the players besides the outside most recievers block even on screen plays the HB will be audibled to block so there's no one for the qb to pass to so the insta-rush always gets the DT(of course as defensive ends don't matter in current programming) a sack.

Goalline is another one. Call a goalline blitz and the cpu audibles to a FB swing with everyone else blocking damn near every. Single. Time.

I don't care what anyone says every team in the country does not max protect every single time a blitz has been called and you won't convince me otherwise. Yet I see mizzou take its slot recievers and call blocking audibles and here they come shuffling parallel to the LOS from waaaaaaaaaaay outside to stonewall the blitz.

Its infuriating and pile that with the various other issues and even I, who was positive on this game for the longest time, gets tired of it.

Rant over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 13: First Community Event

New game engine. no new game engine? not interested.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Oh I remembered something. Ask them to stop having CPU max protect every single time a blitz is called. It kills screens because the CPU makes all the players besides the outside most recievers block even on screen plays the HB will be audibled to block so there's no one for the qb to pass to so the insta-rush always gets the DT(of course as defensive ends don't matter in current programming) a sack.

Goalline is another one. Call a goalline blitz and the cpu audibles to a FB swing with everyone else blocking damn near every. Single. Time.

I don't care what anyone says every team in the country does not max protect every single time a blitz has been called and you won't convince me otherwise. Yet I see mizzou take its slot recievers and call blocking audibles and here they come shuffling parallel to the LOS from waaaaaaaaaaay outside to stonewall the blitz.

Its infuriating and pile that with the various other issues and even I, who was positive on this game for the longest time, gets tired of it.

Rant over.
Fully agree.
Every time I call a blitz, OL always call max protect. Only time I get a sack off a blitzing LB or DB, is if the QB tries to scramble or OL "Gets Lost"/or guards the wrong guy. It made playing as a DL in RTG unplayable. Almost every play, there was a RB there waiting for me.
It seems like they have to come up with ways that are noticably bad to try and make it sim-like. For example, CPU psyhic playcalling. I rather see the CPU call situational playcalling on defense(for exam 1st and long, or 3rd and Short). Another thing is the Super LB/DBs. I think it is there, so the offense wont be explosive.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #68
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

1. QB Short/Med/Deep accuracy ratings. Also add different QB throwing styles.

2. QB throwing trajectory changed so you can actually drop passes into windows.
-Also need to get rid of psychic and super defenders swatting away every pass and everyone magically knowing where the ball is at all times. (Need some kind of eye tracking)

3. Diversity of Moves for skill players, 240 lb. HB should not spin and juke the same as a 180 lb. speed back.

4. Overhaul Blocking

5. Improve the pass rush so that time to throw is realistic, not 6-7 seconds half the time.

6. Decreased accuracy when throwing under pressure, should make much more accurate throws with a clean pocket than with bodys all around you.

7. Make players smaller and/or slower. You can cover the whole field with a safety on a deep ball.

8. More contact/arm tackles that do not bring you down but slow you down significantly and allow others to come clean up the tackle. It seems now you really either get tackled or break it clean. Need more dragging and struggling through defenders.

9. Greater diversity of recruits. Enough of getting the same recruits ever year. Randomize it so that some classes are strong, some are weaker, some are top heavy, some are deeper, etc.

10. More player faces, this seriously goes so far in creating an individual feel and giving the players character. Like when your qb and hb both have the same cyber face it just kind of ruins it. Or when 3 of your top 4 recruits have the same face. Add a HUGE amount of faces, it cant take THAT long, and it is worth it.

11. Commentary obviously needs an overhaul.

12. WR/DB interaction needs an overhaul. You can hardly get a WR to jump for a ball, it is so unrealistic. need more battles in the air for a ball, and a LOT more deep balls need to land incomplete. It seems like 90% of deep balls are either caught or picked off in the game.

13. Do something to make the crowd feel imposing if they are imposing. Feel home field advantage playing in places like Autzen, The Swamp, etc.

14. RUNNING STYLES. I HATE how players have run in the last 2 games, they run too hunched over and too long of strides. Players should run different. Example some guys are long striders, some are normal, and some guys legs churn so fast they are a blur when they run.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #69
Rookie

alphaguy5's Arena

On top of all of the brilliant ideas put forward so far, I fell like emphasizing several of the things that I want.

1. SPECIAL. TEAMS.

2. Medical redshirts

3. Grey-shirting/EE/Prep Schools stuff like that. Not that important at the end of the day, but if implemented correctly it would be a nice touch.
Lions
Packers
Fulham Football Club

Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #70
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

After watching all the bowl thus far, when you go to EA for this event, ask the roster and player generator guy why he is terrible at rating smaller schools. LA tech is keeping up with . TCU. Aside from being able to stay with TCU all four quarters, these schools although smaller, HAVE the players that are skilled. I mean goodness, its like if its a small school the roster guy makes them suck off the bat. At least make the coaches have the ability to developed gameplans to compete against human players. EA football games are so frustrating.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #71
Rookie

A serious question, could a physics engine be made by the time Ncaa 13 is finalized?
CBB-Duke
MLB-Cleveland
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #72
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rk50
A serious question, could a physics engine be made by the time Ncaa 13 is finalized?
No, not this late into the project. If they going to add a physics engine, they need to start on it July. By December, they already half way through and hit alpha stage, which is why the Game Changers are going down there in a few weeks in January.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »