Home

NCAA Football 12: BCS Bowl Game Simulations

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12: BCS Bowl Game Simulations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football 12: BCS Bowl Game Simulations

Now that bowl season is in full swing, it's time to look ahead to this year's crop of BCS games. For this article, I watched the CPU play all five BCS bowls, which resulted in some nail biters, and a couple of surprise blowouts.

Read More - NCAA Football 12: BCS Bowl Game Simulations
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Who the heck is Thomas Sims for WVU?
Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

SilentSanta's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 12: BCS Bowl Game Simulations

I doubt the National Championship will be that high scoring. Probably another game like the one we already saw earlier this year.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 12: BCS Bowl Game Simulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSanta
I doubt the National Championship will be that high scoring. Probably another game like the one we already saw earlier this year.
I doubt it will be 9-6, but I doubt we see either team top 21 pts.
I personally am not watching it, I want to but I said I wouldn't if it was BCS/Alabama, not after Sabin said what he did about not winning your conference back in 2003.

Looking forward to the Fiesta though!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Now if the Fiesta produces that low score there is truly NO argument that Bama doesn't deserve a rematch. And the NCG game will be 14-28 Bama. That's only if Saban doesn't pull up in the 3rd if he has the lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Honestly the sims are going to be a bit off since the ratings were determined before the season and some teams (LSU anyone) have proven themselves much better than initial impressions. I really doubt Alabama crushes LSU.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0
Great to see Bama won the Sim. But I think LSU was at a disadvantage because the CPU probably didnt exercise LSU's depth . And Alabama having more stars in their starting lineup would have the edge.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
Staff Writer

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Honestly the sims are going to be a bit off since the ratings were determined before the season and some teams (LSU anyone) have proven themselves much better than initial impressions. I really doubt Alabama crushes LSU.
Pandetta and shadia147, I agree about the ratings and the CPU's use of players. I made some minor adjustments to make these teams play closer to their real-life counterparts (updated depth charts, moved Russell Wilson from NC State to Wisconsin, gave Michigan a playbook full of QB runs). But when you leave the CPU in control, as I did for these games, you definitely get mixed results. I mean, Denard Robinson threw 50 passes and ran 12 times in the sim I watched.

Watching a series of CPU-CPU sims makes some of the game's AI weaknesses really obvious. For example, the number of fake punts in these games was absolutely incredible. Also, although EA has improved the simulated stats of scrambling quarterbacks, watching the AI control a scrambler is a different animal entirely - none of the running quarterbacks in these games could do anything on the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »