Home

Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

This is a discussion on Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think Play Recognition stands out the best on Varsity level.....not all players react the same in their ability to read the play

i'm a firm believer that the higher level's are designed to give the CPU and advantage in and attempt to make the game competive. Which leads to forcing the CPU to react to every play call the proper way more often than not.

There are times when I've played the game on Varsity level and the CPU has had players with 80+ Play Recognition rating yet they didn't know the play i was calling down after down.

One of these years i'm going to serioulsy think about dissecting this game on a freshman level via sliders and player ratings
I might drop it down to Varsity. I will just lower the User's sliders.
It is something when I cant run Screens(HB, Bubble) without a defender sniffing it out as soon as I snap the ball. I cant even run Curl Flats with getting INTed or the ball broke up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #82
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Here is some things I have found out Skillz and Maker,

A) Powerbacks use more moves than any other back, ie - Spin, Juke, Cutback Hurddle.

B) Balance WR use more moves than any other WR tendency, and make better read in KR and PR returns.

C) Being a Coverage FS, SS they play the feild deep versus the other two tendencies.

I am going to work with the LB and O-Line to see if their tendencies change the way they play in the game.

All my testing is done on Coach Made Varsity Level with the RB ability at 0 and Pass Rush and Run d at 5.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Bump. Very useful.

I took a look at the JMP and PRC for defenders and was really intrigued by the difference between WR and DB. It became much more possible for WR to fight with DB for the ball when DB JMP and PRC attributes were lowered.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #84
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

My question now is when you mess with agility at some positions it changes the players tendencies. For example speed WR become Possession, Balanced LB's become Hard Hitters/Run Stoppers etc. What other attributes can be used to keep tendencies in check when lowering the agility?
Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #85
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
My question now is when you mess with agility at some positions it changes the players tendencies. For example speed WR become Possession, Balanced LB's become Hard Hitters/Run Stoppers etc. What other attributes can be used to keep tendencies in check when lowering the agility?

speed, STR, or for DB's some skill ratings like man cov etc

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #86
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Here are some things I have seen so far by messing with ratings 40 ovr is the lowest the game will read regardless if the player is rated 0 all the way down.

Also SPD ACC TRK ELU BCV SFA SPM JKM SPC CIT RTE JMP POW PMV FMV BSH PUR PRC MCV ZCV PRS RLS IBL RBS RBF PBS PBF RET STA INJ are not recognized as 0 by the game you will see a --- indicating there is no value for them, the rest of the attributes show an absolute of 0 in thier slot which tells me it defaults back to 40 if no value is present.

Right now I am working on O-line and D-line alone to get some bettrer play from them.

Also for Screen Plays to develop faster O-line need ACC as we know but they need to have a High Release rating as well to pull faster.

I get back when I discover more.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The Ratings Break Down

Quarter Back

Speed – 15
Strength – 0
Agility – 3
Acceleration – 3
Awareness – 36
Break Tackle – 3
Truck – 1
Elusiveness – 1
Throw Power – 48
Throw Accuracy – 52
Injury – 3

Running Back

Speed – 39
Strength – 5
Agility – 10
Acceleration – 19
Awareness – 10
Break Tackle – 38
Truck – 2
Elusiveness – 2
Ball Carrier Vision – 10
Stiff Arm – 2
Spin – 2
Juke -2
Carry – 20
Catch – 9
Injury – 5

Wide Receiver

Speed – 37
Strength – 0
Agility – 15
Acceleration – 22
Awareness – 7
Break Tackle – 7
Truck – 1
Elusiveness – 2
Ball Carrier Vision – 2
Stiff Arm – 1
Spin – 2
Juke – 2
Carry – 2
Catch – 37
Special Catch – 3
Catch in Traffic – 7
Route Running – 14
Release – 8
Jump – 3
Run block strength – 1
Run block footwork – 1
Injury – 4

Defensive Back

Speed – 40
Strength – 4
Agility – 8
Acceleration – 16
Awareness – 8
Tackle – 8
Play Recognition – 8
Press – 8
Man Coverage - 28
Zone Coverage – 29
Pursuit – 8
Catch – 4
Jump – 4
Injury – 4

Offensive Linemen

Speed – 5
Strength – 18
Agility – 6
Acceleration – 6
Awareness – 9
Pass Block – 9
Run Block – 9
Impact Block – 9
Pass Block Strength – 26
Pass Block Footwork – 26
Run Block Strength – 26
Run Block Footwork – 26
Injury – 5

Defensive Linemen

Speed – 16
Strength – 21
Agility – 10
Acceleration -16
Awareness – 10
Power Moves – 11
Finesse Moves – 11
Tackle – 31
Power Tackle – 11
Play Recognition – 10
Block Shedding – 21
Pursuit – 10
Injury – 5

Now these numbers represent the most amount of points it adds to the player's overall rating total. Now if you don't see a Rating up there, it is because it adds 0 to the total for that position. How ever that doesn't mean that particular position can't use a rating that adds nothing to his over all.

For example: Pursuit adds nothing to an offensive player over all, but it works for a linemen, TE, WR or FB when it comes to blocking. Same thing as blocking ratings does nothing for a defender over all, but they still use that rating when it comes to blocking on special teams.

BRAND NEW FINDING

Ok recently I have discovered that the CPU don't use all the numbers up to 99 when it comes to ratings. Different positions have a cut off number far as effectiveness for that particular rating and anything above that rating ACTUALLY have a negative effect.

Prime Example:

Ball Carrier Vision for QBs max out at 70. Yes you read it right, 70. Put it at 70 and that QB will scramble a lot. However put it at 80 or 90 and he won't scramble nearly as much. So needless to say, it isn't the elusiveness rating that makes them decide to scramble or not, it is their ball carrier vision rating.

Currently in the process to determine what is the cut off number for all the ratings for the different positions.
I don’t mean to sound like a grown adult riding the short bus but I read this whole thread and found the information very interesting but I don’t understand how I can apply this to my current dynasty. I’m in year 3 of my offline dynasty with Idaho and I have a stud QB who I raised to be the next Tebow
fficeffice" />>>
>>
So my question is did somebody redo the whole rosters with these implications and what are the steps to apply these ratings to my current roster with Idaho >>

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »