Home

Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

This is a discussion on Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #33
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1966
could the long field goal attempts on heisman be tied into the aggresivess of the coach slider
Sadly No it seems to be something tied into the programming on that setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
All my videos are from default All American with patches. Haven't tested these newer findings on Heismen yet. But I do know prepatch, pre-tuner, Heismen use to be awesome far as the CPU running game was concerned. But those long out of this world FG attempts drove me off of Heisman, got on my nerves.
Heismans FG attempts got on my nerve as well as everyone playing the same. But on Varsity I have found that ratings mean more and are more widely used by the CPU as well as the CPU with Coach Mode controlled team. I may be having a placebo affect but the game seems to be the best on that setting.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #34
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

very interesting stuff....

if you find anything that can limit the Db knockdowns that would complete my editing...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 12-28-2011, 01:16 AM   #35
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
very interesting stuff....

if you find anything that can limit the Db knockdowns that would complete my editing...
I subtract 70 from every Defensive Player and it seems to help with the DB knockdowns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #36
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah that is about the only thing I can think of is to put all DBs and LBs jump rating at 30. Because as I said before, defenders get a VERY unnatural boost when it comes to jumping. So at 30 it severely tones it down.

Every once in a while they still will go gogo gadget on you and swat it down, but not nearly as often.

They really need to work on the WR/DB interaction, as it is now, there is NONE. It is still nothing but a foot race to a spot on the field. There is no jostling, no holding, no push offs.

Which brings to another thing. People really need to put speed caps on positions and weight sizes. Every roster I seen everybody is clumped together in speed. Try to have a mixture of speed WRs, possession WRs and balance WRs. Try to use more of the speed scale.

From what I determined, since DB/WR interaction is nothing but a foot race, the only way to get natural separation is from speed differences. And the only time I seen a WR pull away from a DB is when there is a speed difference of 3 or 4.

Acceleration does nothing for this interaction. Mainly because from the beginning there is already a 6 yard separation from the DB and WR at the beginning of every play.

And acceleration wears off after 8 yards that I noticed. From a lot of testing, a 90 speed 0 acceleration DB can keep up with a 90 speed 99 acceleration WR step for step. You see no separation anywhere.

Even with Man coverage, zone coverage, agility, route running and PRC at 0, they still can keep up step for step. So IMO those 3 ratings don't have much a negative effect on defenders at all, unless a pump fake or PA pass is run. Which needs to be fixed since the CPU QB don't EVER throw pump fakes.

All in all, most of these ratings seem to be one sided. And it is one sided in the direction of it makes players better, way better the higher it is in some ratings, but they don't penalize players for having very low ratings like you would assume it would.

Don't know what the problem is. It isn't hard to mocap 2 players jostling, pushing off and grabbing the back of other people jerseys when they are running a pass route.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #37
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

all my edits bring me back to agility, with high agility all sorts of craziness happen

as skillz mentioned earlier lower agility causes backs to be aware of a would be tackler or player on the ground..

you will see the wr/db shoving match( which is a blatant flag)

with high agility a balanced qb will change running directions 5 times in the same spot then launch a bomb without looking whereas with lower agility( still being a balanced qb) he may roll out...

give a DB 40 agility and he could not cover anyone bump it up and remove everything else that s a DB skill rating and he is revis as skillz mentioned.... i have just concluded that agility should be called technique

if you think of it as technique it makes better sense in the EA rating world. thats the only way they could explain how a 6'7 245 Lb/DE could have an 88 on alabama and 5'9 wr on arkansas have an 83

also how EA progresses agility to show how players improve further proves it should be called technique. In madden/ncaa a breakout year gets a player a 10+ improvement....

i am going re-rate to the SEC using it as technique, as for the tendencies i learned to off set them with points from other non OVR boosting ratings

agility imo controls animation speed or trigger window it seems not sure but it delivers the extreme results i am looking for....

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 12-28-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yes I am certain now that 70 is the max number for the QB for Ball Carrier Vision. Get some really great runs by the CPU QB when they scramble and on designed runs.

For example, this video below. It was an option to the outside, Griffin kept it, ran up field, then cut back to the middle of the field and at the very end was in the process of cutting back towards the sideline when he got tackled.

If this is 100% true, does this mean that the game engine respects these caps in terms of the recruiting classes that come in on Dynasty Mode? Asking you since you may know for sure, but I'll look at a Dynasty that I'm in now. We're 5 years in so I can skim over the generated recruits, but won't be 100% sure because I don't plan on looking at every player.

[Update]
Just skimmed over a lot of the generated QBs in our Dynasty...was easier than I thought to look at.

The Bad: QBs can be generated with BCV over 70 so I'm going to assume that the engine doesn't respect any of the programming flaws, I mean caps.

The Good: Ironically, out of all of the generated scrambling QBs, only 2 or 3 have a BCV above 70 in my Dynasty. There are a handful on the virge of surpassing the 70 mark though.

So basically I've concluded there no reason to restart an Online Dynasty, which is what I essentially wanted to find out. Also someone could use this information for better or worse (depending on your personal views) when gameplanning for CPU Controlled teams in OD's I guess?

Anyway, Thanks for the information. Hopefully this will help someone out further if it wasn't already known. I made the changes to Michigan and am playing them in an Exhibitin match. I'll let you know how it goes.

[Update]

Only played one game (PSU vs Michigan), and saw the biggest change in the runningback. Dernard of course scrambled, and played like...well Dernard. But I'm used to that so not sure if it made a huge difference. If anything I think he tried (tried as in low success) scrambling a little too much. The option attack was the biggest improvement by far. These changes definitely enhance the gameplay from what I've seen, but if I wanted change the game all around with minimal effort, I'd definitely edit just the scrambling QBs and the RBs that are A) Premier backs or B) Part of heavy running attacks. Didn't really see much of a difference in the Wideouts.

Last edited by whodat7; 12-28-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Regarding AGI vs the idea of technique...

From using the PocketScout program I began utilizing its generated MOBility score -- the avg of SPD, ACC and AGI -- in recruiting believing it to be how a user-controlled player would "feel," the higher the score the better. But if the Technique (TEQ) idea for AGI is more accurate, would that make the MOB idea useless?

Which HB would be...'better', if AWR and the std rushing ratings were otherwise =?
HB-1: SPD 87, AGI 80, ACC 88, or
HB-2: SPD 85, AGI 85, ACC 85
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #40
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah agility needs to be replaced with another type of rating or several ratings. Going off of 3 hours sleep, I will try to explain.

Balance rating - This rating would serve like a gyroscope for the player. The higher it is, the more you can keep your balance as you are cutting or turning. And for sideline or back of the end zone passes, the more likely you are able to stay in bounds.

I see way too many times WRs would catch a pass towards the sideline but the animation causes them to go out of bounds. Also this rating would help a player regain balance, lets see if they are tripped,, instead of them just simply stumbling and falling on their face, they would look to use their hand to brace themselves to keep from falling on the ground. Far too often players give up on a play and fall to the ground because they were tripped.

On the flip side, if your balance rating is low, you are more prone to stumbling on sharp cuts and turns. If you are running north and south, you can hold your own, however you try to go side to side, you stumble, it takes the player more steps to complete the task and pretty much lose all speed they had and have to build it back up again.

Pass rush rating - To me this would be hugely important because pass rushing is an art form. So the higher the rating, the more moves that defender can use to get passed the blocker.

For example:

Spin Moves
Rip Moves
Bull Rush
Outside Shoulder Rush
Inside Shoulder Rush
Fake Outs
Shoulder Slaps

I am tired of seeing DEs rushing to the outside shoulder of OTs only. Also the technique should be more reflective of weight and strength. A weaker defender should get lower then the blocker and rely more leverage. However in the game everybody attacks up high, regardless of their strength and weight. In real life you would never see a 260 pound DE take on a 330 pound OT up high. He would loose every time.

DB back pedal needs to be completely re-done. Their hips don't open up the correct way, nor do they get low enough when they back pedal.

Defensive backs need some type of reaction rating or route running rating of their own. Where as if it is low, they get completely turned around and lost on double moves. And when they see they are about to get burnt, they should reach out grab the WR jersey or push off on him. Never the less, they shouldn't be able to stay step for step, turn for turn with WRs. DBs loose no momentum at all when they cut, but yet WRs do.

QBs need a short, medium, deep accuracy rating. Madden had it for years now, time for NCAA to get it. And they need a throw on the run rating, HOWEVER they better have it programmed in the game that QBs ACTUALLY throw on the run sometimes. Because in Madden, for years now, even though they had that rating, you very rarely see them throw on the run unless it was a designed roll out play.

Which brings me to the roll out rating. All QBs need this because all QBs should attempt to roll out and buy more time for their WRs, especially pocket QBs and balanced QBs. The higher it is, the more likely they are to roll out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »