Home

Offsetting penalities?

This is a discussion on Offsetting penalities? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Offsetting penalities?

Has anyone seen offsetting penalties, or is this something that needs to be added? I'm really tired of seeing long runs called back because of a hold, yet my RB gets taken down by the facemask. Also, if there's a flag that comes down early in the play, the D can take a free shot at the QB without fear of roughing the passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Offsetting penalities?

Would be nice to see but the game only recognizes the 1st penalty. It's a free pass for the other team to commit penalties.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Offsetting penalties? The engines EA sports use won't allow it and they show no effort when it comes to working on it. They haven't added the penalites that are in actual college football and one that is in, pass interference doesn't even work nor does it get called. The penalty and challenge system is broken. Next. Competition is much needed.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Rookie

ImmunityBow's Arena

OVR: 13

Don't think so...
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

They can't even figure out that defensive pass interference cannot occur behind the line of scrimmage, linemen can't be downfield on a forward pass and receivers cannot run out of bounds and come back in to catch the ball... you'll hope for offsetting penalties for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

Yea the penalty system really shows how messed up things are in this game, they can be fixed a little by sliders but there is a ton of work to be done.. helmet to helmet hits every other play, hands to the face, chop blocks, late hits out of bounds, hardly any booth reviews, interference, etc
Old 12-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

The PS2 had off-setting penalties. I think the PS1 had offesetting penalties, defensive holding, chain gangs, video preview of opponents, etc.

Hard to believe we had features 15 years ago that we don't have today.

People think Ancient Aliens built the pyramids.....Nah, its just lost knowledge and regression. Look no further than EA football for Exhibit A and how quickly knowledge can be lost and forgotten. When the Xbox 720 comes out, NCAA football will be even more bare bones than Bill Walsh College football circa 1991. Mark my words.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
Yea the penalty system really shows how messed up things are in this game, they can be fixed a little by sliders but there is a ton of work to be done.. helmet to helmet hits every other play, hands to the face, chop blocks, late hits out of bounds, hardly any booth reviews, interference, etc
Late hits out of bounds is the big one for me, because this happens constantly in the game.

But I mean, it is so ridiculous that even the penalties in the game are applied wrong or there is something glitched out about it. Like when the clock keeps running while the ref is announcing a penalty. Or in the case of pass interference, the only time I have ever been called for it was on slip screens behind the line of scrimmage. Or my personal favorite, the defense jumping offsides at the end of a half and the half or game just ending despite the penalty, which should extend the game one untimed down. It is a pretty huge problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »