Home

Does anyone else have trouble sticking with 1 team?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else have trouble sticking with 1 team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #17
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does anyone else have trouble sticking with 1 team?

I try to develop story lines. I 'suspended' a few starters for a few games. I even cut a few for getting in trouble, and recreate them as JUCOs next year. One year I cut a soph WR who only developed 1 point from fresh-sophomore season, so I cited he was skipping practice/violating team rules frequently. I recreated him the following year as a JR JUCO with the same rating he had (80). I played him his SR year in the Fiesta Bowl, he was a 88 by then and he caught 3 TDs and had 180 yards on 9 catches, as I was routed by TCU (I was UCLA), 41-21.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I pick a team with a lot of uniform combinations, to be honest. This year I picked SMU and I think I'll run with them again in 13. I love their uniforms, I love their stadium and I love their playbook.

The fact that they're not a powerhouse team also helps because then when I play a team like TCU for the Iron Skillet and get my doors blown off in the second half, it gives me something to shoot for next season.

I also go through every player and tinker with equipment. Helmets, facemasks, sleeves, gloves...all of it. I especially hate when a team like SMU, who is sponsored by Adidas, wears plain grey gloves so I'll give them TC Nike gloves. Is it realistic? Probably not, but I'd rather see my team wearing red/white gloves then grey.

This year was the first time I played through an entire season of a dynasty game, complete with breaking down what I need for recruits and scouting.

It was a lot of fun but I put the game down for some other games like Gears 3 and Reach.

I'm looking forward to doing the same this season. May try a team like Army but switch up the playbook, since I HATE the option.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #19
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Idk why, but I'm having a lot of trouble picking a team to start a dynasty with and staying with them. Idk what it is but it's ticking me off. I start a dynasty with one team and want to start a new one with a different team before I get very far at all with the previous one.

Anyone else have this problem?
Why not play as multiple teams? I select UW as my secondary team and do all of their recuriting but sim all of their games. Meanwhile I completely ignore recruiting for the Teambuilder squad I use in dynasty. So after enjoying two seasons with a decent squad (B-), UW is a powerhouse and my team is in full on rebuild mode; that adds a lot of longevity to dynasty for me.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #20
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

I have the same problem as well, the only advice i can give is to pick a team with a lot of different uniform options, even that only works for so long though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »