Home

Does anyone else have trouble sticking with 1 team?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else have trouble sticking with 1 team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does anyone else have trouble sticking with 1 team?

Idk why, but I'm having a lot of trouble picking a team to start a dynasty with and staying with them. Idk what it is but it's ticking me off. I start a dynasty with one team and want to start a new one with a different team before I get very far at all with the previous one.

Anyone else have this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Does anyone else have trouble sticking with 1 team?

You do know you can play all the games in the dynasty right ? I mean you just don't have to play as your team only, you can play the other games with other teams as well.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:33 AM   #3
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

I have this problem every year. I always make myself requardless, so it's like, Do I wanna be QB for this team or, RB for that team...and I settle and play a game or 2, then start a new one being a different position for another team...in the end, I accomplish nothing....

But yes, I have the same problem....and I have no advice for you.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I do the same thing as Rascal_Foley.

I don't always make myself, but I'll create a a Dynasty for one team.. play two or three games.. then I'll be like.. eh, not my style.. start a new one.. play a game or two, eh, no my style.

I actually stuck with a Dynasty for almost 4 full season in NCAA 11 when I decided to be Tulsa.. but I usually never make it outside a full season.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
Pro

This kind of expands on what Gotmadskillz was hinting at. I run my dynasty with one team, but every week I pick out several other games on the schedule, looking for great match ups, rivalry games, or a fun non-AQ match up. This gives me a ton of variety and keeps it fresh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I have the opposite problem. Every year I say to myself to browse the coach offers. But every year I want to make next year "our year" and come back.

Some things to increase immersion:
- Start traditions
- Eg. Give special numbers to impact players
- Give your team yearly awards (most improved, best player from homestate etc)
- Build new rivalries with custom schedules. I like to make 2-4 year home/home series with schools from my pipeline states. I think of it like giving exposure to my program.
- Edit injury ratings. Really increases the challenge http://www.operationsports.com/forum...justments.html
- Give your school random scandals and occasionally take away scholarships.
I also like to research my school a bit and get a feel for the tradition. College football is all about tradition and history.

The most important thing though is to have fun. If you like jumping around programs thats fine too. Building up a weak school is always rewarding.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Im in year 6 with Akron, last year I went really far with WKU, Im thinking next time though instead of taking the 120th ranked team I take Washington State or another BCS team as it would be much harder then playing in Sun Belt or Mac, this year I havent lost a Mac game with Akron since sometime in year 3, so few games that season, 9 in season 4, 9 in season 5 and Im early in season 6 not sure if Ive played any conference games.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I have the opposite problem. Every year I say to myself to browse the coach offers. But every year I want to make next year "our year" and come back.

Some things to increase immersion:
- Start traditions
- Eg. Give special numbers to impact players

- Give your team yearly awards (most improved, best player from homestate etc)
- Build new rivalries with custom schedules. I like to make 2-4 year home/home series with schools from my pipeline states. I think of it like giving exposure to my program.
- Edit injury ratings. Really increases the challenge http://www.operationsports.com/forum...justments.html
- Give your school random scandals and occasionally take away scholarships.
I also like to research my school a bit and get a feel for the tradition. College football is all about tradition and history.

The most important thing though is to have fun. If you like jumping around programs thats fine too. Building up a weak school is always rewarding.
I struggle keeping up with dynasties long term, but I found that doing a few of these things actually really helps. Especially the top two that I bolded.

Every year I do three things:

1. Starting MLB is #54 every year (as a Bears fan, for Urlacher)
2. All starters wear high socks (this one is really tough to keep up with as the years go on because the game resets it every year)
3. All defensive starters receive dark face shields. If the kicker and/or punter is especially good, and I've had some GREAT punts or they flip the field constantly, they receive a dark face shield as well.

I'm starting to get away from the high socks one because it is so tough to keep up with that year to year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »