Home

Is It Time To Get Rid of Coach Prestige?

This is a discussion on Is It Time To Get Rid of Coach Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is It Time To Get Rid of Coach Prestige?

The coaching prestige ranking just seems out of date to me. I would much rather see a "coaching resume" used to tabulate the coaching carousel. A mix of coaching skills such as recruiting and strategy with a coaching resume is what is used to hire. This is especially truthful when it comes to coordinators. They aren't hired because they meet certain goals. They are hired because their side of the ball is consistently at the top of the rankings. The coaching resume could contain things like points/game, yards/ game, etc., and awards their players have gotten like all conference to the heisman. This would also give the game more immersion factor because every coach would have his own story built into this coaching resume. Am I crazy for thinking this or is it too unrealistic to be put in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is It Time To Get Rid of Coach Prestige?

I don't think we need to get rid of coach prestige, but I think it should just be a part of the whole coach as you are saying. I'd like to see coach ratings just like the players have ratings. That way there could be a difference between a 99 overall coach and a 60 overall coach.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Shouldn't remove prestige. Prestige is still very important to recruiting. However I do like the addition of resume for hiring. That way the CPU can make smarter hires, and it's more challenging to keep your job.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Having just one rating for a coach that determines so much is a poor idea. I agree that "prestige" is a part of measuring a coach but there are more measures of a coach. Each coach in real life is judged based on their ability to teach, recruit, gameplan, motivate, and lead. But like other parts of the game, the real essences of college football are missed. I hope what was in NCAA 12 was just the shell and the rest will be added into NCAA 13.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe not to get rid of the coaching prestige but make it based more on reputation. I would like to see the dynasty/coaching carousel make a move towards maybe the Be A GM mode in NHL. This would mean every move that you make is recorded in a resume. Also by gaining more points instead of coaching upgrades you could use it for facilities, recruiting, and hiring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Rookie

BathSaints's Arena

OVR: 2

I am not a CFB stats afficianado and I can imagine many recruits aren't. And as Englishman somewhat removed from CFB, I don't know Gene Chizik's, Chip Kelly's, Steve Spurier's or Les Miles relative acheivements but I do know they are regarded as some of the best coaches.

I imagine to Joe Recruit prestige is important. I also imagine to Kansas that prestige (and ultimately putting bums on seat) was a large reason why Weiss was hired irrespective of his record.

Prestige I think is actually a worthwile stat, especially for recruiting, but for sure in the coaching carouselmore than prestige and alma mater should be considered. Coach prestige is good for top programs to, but if you have been managing a 1* team a great winning record should land you a mid-prestige job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »