Home

When do you guys offer recruits?

This is a discussion on When do you guys offer recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

tebowtime15's Arena

OVR: 0
When do you guys offer recruits?

Just curious as to what some of you do when recruiting. Do you like to offer right away? Or wait a few weeks and just call your guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: When do you guys offer recruits?

First week of the season I offer every player on my list. Then work from there for the rest of the season.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
First week of the season I offer every player on my list. Then work from there for the rest of the season.
THIS.

Not only gets it out of the way but also gives you a nice headstart vs other programs.

I know some people say wait until you're first so that you can get the insta-commit but that's not my strategy.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

The first week, I offer those that I am first. I also only give them 30 total minutes, so, with the offer, I use 20 minutes to uncover pitches. Then I go to 40 minutes for those that I am within 300 points of first. If I have minutes left, I go 50-60 minutes for those who I am more than 300 points behind depending on caliber and need.

I find that using this method, I can consistently gauge if I will have a chance of signing a guy. Often, if I use an hour on a guy in week one, and I don't move on his list, I rarely get them to sign. However, those that move me up a few spots are usually within reach.

Toward the end of the season, maybe week 12 or 13, I'll offer if a prospect's No. 1 has not. That usually results in a gain of a few spots, though the No. 1 almost always offers as well.

What I find irritating is when I find a guy that has not been offered by week 13, and has had no movement on his interest levels. I'll offer (even if I'm not on his list) only to see a team or two offer and his interest levels rise like he's been recruited all year.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Banned

ScaryChris's Arena

If i'm #1 on their list I offer immediately, trying to get an instant commit. If i'm not I use wait until I'm out of promises and stuck on an non high yielding conversation topic in the following weeks. So times in OD's you fly underneath the radar vs other users because they don't usually check recruit reports unless they see another scholarship offer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I have kind of a top down and then bottom up strategy. If I'm #1 to a guy, I'll offer him. If I am between #7-10 on a guy that I really want, I'll offer as early as possible and go after him hard to see if I can move up. On guys that are not interested in me but I'd like to make a run at, I offer immediately and usually hard sell every good pitch I can.

Guys that have me #2 through #6 I will generally slow play it and just hard pitch, maybe use promises and then offer the week before, during or after they visit.

As the last post said, when recruiting against other users, you can really fly under the radar on some guys. While everyone else tries to hit those top recruits hard, I tend to really get after the solid 3/4* guys. I had a top 10 class in year 3 of my Clemson OD doing just that. All the other guys with top schools were battling each other out for 5* and I grabbed 16 4* recruits while they were busy.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

tebowtime15's Arena

It's interesting to see the different ways to approach recruiting on here. I've been going through the same thing with the OD trying to stock up on the 4 stars and not worry about 5 star players so much. Almost everyone in my OD is fighting for them while I'm just snatching up the 4's. Works very nicely!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

First week of the season. I'm trying the strategy of only putting 10 people on my board to start, and working from there. I will put players on my board that are a mix of position needs, gamebreaker players (in my case, people with A-A+ speed), and people who have me first. After I get a commit, I'll add another player on my board and repeat until I have all my schollys filled.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »