Home

Coaching Carousel - What Would You Do

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel - What Would You Do within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Carousel - What Would You Do

I too am stuck on whether I should stay or go at my current school. My 2 year contract is up as the OC for Ole Miss in my OD. I have been offered a new contract extension to stay as the OC. I can also apply for the HC position at SMU. This is in the 1st round of the coaching carousel. I won 2 National Championships, 2 SEC Titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans. My coach prestige is an A.

So my question is should I decline my contract extension and pass up applying for SMU's HC position to see what offers I receive in later rounds of the coaching carousel?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymuffler
I too am stuck on whether I should stay or go at my current school. My 2 year contract is up as the OC for Ole Miss in my OD. I have been offered a new contract extension to stay as the OC. I can also apply for the HC position at SMU. This is in the 1st round of the coaching carousel. I won 2 National Championships, 2 SEC Titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans. My coach prestige is an A.

So my question is should I decline my contract extension and pass up applying for SMU's HC position to see what offers I receive in later rounds of the coaching carousel?
To me I would decline. It's not big time football. I'd rather be the OC at a BCS school than a HC elsewhere.

Sidenote I'm in year 3 of 4 and just declined Mizzou, UCLA and Tenn OC jobs (among others) to stay at ULM and finish my contract thanks to your advice.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

read my thread and tell me how happy you would be about it!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
read my thread and tell me how happy you would be about it!!!
Yeah I replied in there... sucks man
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OK now I am pissed...

I waited for the contract to be up and got NO DAMN OFFERS

Last year I was offered a bazillion jobs... Including some head coaching jobs...

This year I was offered:

OC Miami OH
OC NIU
OC Temple
OC Toledo
OC Utah State
OC Vanderbilt
OC North Texas

Are you freaking kidding me?

Then finally a major conference I get offered as the OC of Kentucky.. EWW

Goal of winning 8 games in a season against the SEC?? No thanks...

But this is the best job I've been offered... Do I take it or what?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Yeah I'd take Vandy or Kentucky. The SEC is the place to be. If you get offered a good HC position where you see your coach staying put and wining titles for the rest of his career then take it, even if it means leaving your current contract early. But before that offer comes, stay as an OC and complete contracts. Build up your coach prestige. It seems like OC or DC get the best HC offers and prestige plays a huge part in what offers you'll get.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
Rookie

I decided to decline the contract to remain as the OC for Ole Miss. I turned them into a 5 star program and it was tough to leave my recruits. Now I'm waiting on the other players in my OD to take their turns in the coaching carousel. Interestingly, another player in my OD has been offered my OC position since I left after my contract was completed. I'm hoping that a top school fires their coach and offers me, but I may be hoping for a long shot. I'm afraid that I'll have to take another OC position before I ever get a 5 star or 6 star program to offer me as their HC.

As a side note, Notre Dame is set as my Alma Mater and when I go to stats or other screens on my OD, Notre Dame is the school that is shown as if I'm on their coaching staff. Is it doing this because I currently don't have a contract with a team and Notre Dame is my Alma Mater? Or, is this a hint that they are going to offer me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
Rookie

So I ended up meeting all my goals in my 2 years at Kentucky.

I signed a monster 5 star running back in my first year and subsequently just pounded the rock with him.

But I could see there was a ceiling on how high that program could go so when the carousel came up I rolled out to...

Oregon State

They have a decent roster so I'll do my time here and see what pans out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »