Home

Coaching Carousel - What Would You Do

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel - What Would You Do within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #17
Rookie

BathSaints's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Coaching Carousel - What Would You Do

After a stint as OC at Wisconsin (formerly head coach at UAB) I got offered the HC job at a four-star prestige Auburn.

10 years and 6 NC later I decide I want a new challenge. Go to the coaching carousel and I get offered...

2* ULL
1* Washington State

Now I wouldn't mind so much if that was a year that no top jobs became available (though they did - 5* Michigan State) but I should at least have the option to wait until a better job becomes available.

Part of the whole problem is that you are locked into your contract, with no flexibility to leave to take a better job or wait out the poorer jobs.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathSaints
After a stint as OC at Wisconsin (formerly head coach at UAB) I got offered the HC job at a four-star prestige Auburn.

10 years and 6 NC later I decide I want a new challenge. Go to the coaching carousel and I get offered...

2* ULL
1* Washington State

Now I wouldn't mind so much if that was a year that no top jobs became available (though they did - 5* Michigan State) but I should at least have the option to wait until a better job becomes available.

Part of the whole problem is that you are locked into your contract, with no flexibility to leave to take a better job or wait out the poorer jobs.
im in the same boat
Old 01-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
im in the same boat
Yeah man I was frustrated at the end of my first contract when that happened to me... Yet another broken feature in NCAA 12. I can't believe how many steps back this game took from NCAA 11.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
Rookie

We went through the coaching carousel in my OD. Me and another user declined to accept new contracts from our current schools to see what offers we would receive. After finishing my 2 year contract at Ole Miss with an A prestige rating, 2 National Championships, 2 SEC titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans, I am now the OC of Florida Atlantic. How did this happen?

We only have 4 members in our OD. 2 guys have current contracts, then me (OLE MISS OC) and another user (SDSU OC) completed our contracts. I won the NC, he won a BCS bowl game and was ranked 2nd after the season with winning the Heisman Trophy for Ronnie Hillman. We both figured that our chances at a good OC position or HC position would be high so why stay at our current schools. We both received HC offers for 1 star schools and OC positions that were either equal to or worse than our previous OC positions. After going through the entire carousel we were forced to sign contracts at 1 star schools.

Now what do we do, stay under our new contracts and take the best possible job next season? Or since this seems unfair and unrealistic, can we leave the dynasty and be invited back to take our old jobs back after creating new coaches? There isnt a question of if our commish is okay with this cause it would be okay to do considering how unfair this system is, rather we're wondering if you can rejoin an OD after leaving?

Last edited by rustymuffler; 01-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymuffler
We went through the coaching carousel in my OD. Me and another user declined to accept new contracts from our current schools to see what offers we would receive. After finishing my 2 year contract at Ole Miss with an A prestige rating, 2 National Championships, 2 SEC titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans, I am now the OC of Florida Atlantic. How did this happen?

We only have 4 members in our OD. 2 guys have current contracts, then me (OLE MISS OC) and another user (SDSU OC) completed our contracts. I won the NC, he won a BCS bowl game and was ranked 2nd after the season with winning the Heisman Trophy for Ronnie Hillman. We both figured that our chances at a good OC position or HC position would be high so why stay at our current schools. We both received HC offers for 1 star schools and OC positions that were either equal to or worse than our previous OC positions. After going through the entire carousel we were forced to sign contracts at 1 star schools.

Now what do we do, stay under our new contracts and take the best possible job next season? Or since this seems unfair and unrealistic, can we leave the dynasty and be invited back to take our old jobs back after creating new coaches? There isnt a question of if our commish is okay with this cause it would be okay to do considering how unfair this system is, rather we're wondering if you can rejoin an OD after leaving?
I think the issue you are having is directly tied to your prestige. A rated prestige may seem good but just about every decent HC job or good OC job will sign an A+ prestige coach. This happens because coach progression is screwed up and tons of coordinators and HC's can reach A+ prestige rather easily. So with an A rated prestige there will be tons of A+ coaches the CPU views as more qualified and/or better than you.

So basically don't expect any good offers unless you have A+ prestige. Really concentrate on your goals to get to A+ prestige and better offers should start rolling in.

Also a general note it seems lower than A+ prestige coaches can resign(extend) with same team but will have difficulty getting new jobs.

Also it is difficult for a head coach of an elite program to find other good offers when they want to leave. I can't explain this one but this is just the way carousel works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #22
Rookie

I was wondering: if you are a HC of a smaller school like North Texas, can you be offered a bigger, better HC job or do HC jobs only go to coordinators? Ive done well with North Texas and have 100% security but I only get coordinator position offers...
Old 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by myups88car
I was wondering: if you are a HC of a smaller school like North Texas, can you be offered a bigger, better HC job or do HC jobs only go to coordinators? Ive done well with North Texas and have 100% security but I only get coordinator position offers...
it took me 13 years and in those 13 years i had a total of i think 17 loses. Good Luck

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »