Home

127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get....

This is a discussion on 127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymuffler
I'd like to add my story to the stress of this supposed feature. We went through the coaching carousel in my OD. Me and another user declined to accept new contracts from our current schools to see what offers we would receive. After finishing my 2 year contract at Ole Miss with an A prestige rating, 2 National Championships, 2 SEC titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans, I am now the OC of Florida Atlantic. How did this happen?

We only have 4 members in our OD. 2 guys have current contracts, then me (OLE MISS OC) and another user (SDSU OC) completed our contracts. I won the NC, he won a BCS bowl game and was ranked 2nd after the season with winning the Heisman Trophy for Ronnie Hillman. We both figured that our chances at a good OC position or HC position would be high so why stay at our current schools. We both received HC offers for 1 star schools and OC positions that were either equal to or worse than our previous OC positions. After going through the entire carousel we were forced to sign contracts at 1 star schools.
it seems like no matter where u start off in the game, the system makes ur first "new job" a low tier job. I started with the UCLA job as the off coordinator. won 9 games both years, split with USC, won both bowl games. Next season, ended up at ECU. I'm using custom conferences. Somehow, went undefeated and played guess who, the Troy Trojans in the BCS title game lolroflstomp yea right. Won that. Prestige shoots up to A+. Season ends, I still have a year left on my deal, but the LSU OC job opens up. Had to take it.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm 5 seasons into a 10 man OD at UCF. I won the NC in years 2-4. I have accepted each offer to extend my contract, coach loyalty has gotten very high now I'm getting offered HC jobs at FSU, Michigan, and Virginia Tech. Sadly the job I really wanted (LSU) got handed to someone else. So now I wait for OK ST or LSU to open up.

I don't know what I'm doin that you're not, but I have gotten no fewer than 15 HC offers in the last three seasons.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 127-11 And this is the Best Offers I get....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
I'm 5 seasons into a 10 man OD at UCF. I won the NC in years 2-4. I have accepted each offer to extend my contract, coach loyalty has gotten very high now I'm getting offered HC jobs at FSU, Michigan, and Virginia Tech.
Maybe this is the key for getting offered a position at a big time (6 star) program. The developer blog and interviews mention coach loyalty being very important. If being successful at one program for multiple contracts is the answer then that is extremely frustrating for my current situation. I understand that there are hardcore gamers out there who complete a large range of dynasty seasons, I am not one of those. I have two young children, a wife, a full-time job, play on an adult league amateur hockey team and have a countless number of responsibilities that come with those. I'm also looking to donate some time to help coach football at a local high school to see if I'd like to pursue it down the road. With this lifestyle, how can I dedicate time to complete 6 or more seasons of NCAA Football to hopefully be offered a top tier HC position? I hope EA understands that not everyone can be glued to the game. I used to play nearly 24/7 but that was almost another lifetime for me.

Here's a tip for developers: Give the commissioners of online dynasties more power. If we can control conference changes then give us the ability to select which teams should fire their coaches and the CPU can then fill those positions or the commish can. And if anyone feels that maybe some commissioners wont pick fairly who should be promoted to these positions then that will be another way to weed out the good from bad because I'm sure if someone isn't fair in that respect then they probably aren't fair in other areas of acting as commissioner as well. That's my rant for the day. LOL

If this makes me sound old, I'm in my 20's. Who guessed that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »