Home

NCAA's license expiration

This is a discussion on NCAA's license expiration within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #17
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA's license expiration

Proper presentation adds it's own replayability to the game. Right now I can almost not play any football game from EA without making a franchise / dynasty on here or some other websites.

Why? It feels like a group of exhibition games.

For example if a strong offense is going against a strong defense, why shouldn't they cover that?

Or atleast have more than the same two lines fire off, they honestly need something like the NBA and MLB series by 2K has, especially in cfootball there is a lot more plot lines available than in an NFL game (recruits, rivalries, records, accolades, conference movements, coaching changes). Honestly if they fixed the game play and presentation with a few tweaks to dynasty itself. (No more SPARQ, it's not a good representation of athletes).

They can add personality to this game, they just choose not to. They need to take two cues from 2K, Dynamic presentation and 2) Customization. Put in the frame work and we can do the rest, but GIVE us the tools. Not talking about the sliders, but on teams, let us change rivalries on a yearly basis and such. (Mainly to coincide with conference movements). Allow mid dynasty Teambuilder teams to be entered. (To coexist with more of a story aspect). Tighten up the Coaching carousel so that it impacts the game (Recruiting and training grades? Coaching and such too) and add a players knowledge of a system, which would bolster a players rating. Case Keenum is a 99 at Houston, but at Georgia Tech he shouldn't be more than a 65, if a DT comes in from a 4-3 HS to play the 0 technique in a 3-4 than it should take some adjustment and it adds more life to recruiting (take a 4* with knowledge or a 5* that is rough around the edges with your system.)

It's in Tiburons grasp but they are starting to prove they don't want a great game, they just want to make gradual improvements. Hopefully they buck that trend.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #18
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Proper presentation adds it's own replayability to the game. Right now I can almost not play any football game from EA without making a franchise / dynasty on here or some other websites.

Why? It feels like a group of exhibition games.

For example if a strong offense is going against a strong defense, why shouldn't they cover that?

Or atleast have more than the same two lines fire off, they honestly need something like the NBA and MLB series by 2K has, especially in cfootball there is a lot more plot lines available than in an NFL game (recruits, rivalries, records, accolades, conference movements, coaching changes). Honestly if they fixed the game play and presentation with a few tweaks to dynasty itself. (No more SPARQ, it's not a good representation of athletes).

They can add personality to this game, they just choose not to. They need to take two cues from 2K, Dynamic presentation and 2) Customization. Put in the frame work and we can do the rest, but GIVE us the tools. Not talking about the sliders, but on teams, let us change rivalries on a yearly basis and such. (Mainly to coincide with conference movements). Allow mid dynasty Teambuilder teams to be entered. (To coexist with more of a story aspect). Tighten up the Coaching carousel so that it impacts the game (Recruiting and training grades? Coaching and such too) and add a players knowledge of a system, which would bolster a players rating. Case Keenum is a 99 at Houston, but at Georgia Tech he shouldn't be more than a 65, if a DT comes in from a 4-3 HS to play the 0 technique in a 3-4 than it should take some adjustment and it adds more life to recruiting (take a 4* with knowledge or a 5* that is rough around the edges with your system.)

It's in Tiburons grasp but they are starting to prove they don't want a great game, they just want to make gradual improvements. Hopefully they buck that trend.
Wishful thinking. Only if this wasn't so far over EA's head and they REALLY listened to the HARDCORE community and make a sim styled game instead of half arcade half sim then they could make a great game. They need to get deep down into the community and have some real words of wisdom
Old 01-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

The issue is people (the top of the chain) can't stop thinking that casual is the feature even though the casual market is fading.

The music styled games are basically dead. The Wii the ultimate 'casual' system was widely a failure. The Move and Kinect have been below expectations.

Just wish they could wake up. Their main titles should be sim, they can branch off with a semi-yearly NFL Blitz or street to catch up the non-sim players.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The issue is people (the top of the chain) can't stop thinking that casual is the feature even though the casual market is fading.

The music styled games are basically dead. The Wii the ultimate 'casual' system was widely a failure. The Move and Kinect have been below expectations.

Just wish they could wake up. Their main titles should be sim, they can branch off with a semi-yearly NFL Blitz or street to catch up the non-sim players.
They(any game) will always try to attract Casual gamers. Games like Guitar Hero and DDR were the ish when it came out, but arent wanted anymore. It is like a fad.
I am not surprised Kinect and Move isnt doing as expect. For them to have bigger sales,they would have to start making hardcore games. I actually wanted Kinect or Move, but I didnt like any of the games they had. I would only consider playing Wii U if they make hardcore games.
I think one of the best way to attract Casual gamers is too cater for the hardcore guys and 1st and then have features that would attract them. I see NBA 2k(as a series) as a example. Adding legends goes both ways.
They also have a good tutorial mode. Casual gamers arent really just going to pickup a game without asking someone 1st and that is someone who gets it yearly.
I would like NCAA 13 to have a good tutorial mode. I would like to refine my skills. It could help people for have problems with the game.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
They(any game) will always try to attract Casual gamers. Games like Guitar Hero and DDR were the ish when it came out, but arent wanted anymore. It is like a fad.
I am not surprised Kinect and Move isnt doing as expect. For them to have bigger sales,they would have to start making hardcore games. I actually wanted Kinect or Move, but I didnt like any of the games they had. I would only consider playing Wii U if they make hardcore games.
I think one of the best way to attract Casual gamers is too cater for the hardcore guys and 1st and then have features that would attract them. I see NBA 2k(as a series) as a example. Adding legends goes both ways.
They also have a good tutorial mode. Casual gamers arent really just going to pickup a game without asking someone 1st and that is someone who gets it yearly.
I would like NCAA 13 to have a good tutorial mode. I would like to refine my skills. It could help people for have problems with the game.
go watch college football games or nfl games either one. Now pay attention hard and try to watch what they do, and thats how you refine your skills =)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #22
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

What you see in real life is very different from what's in the game.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #23
Banned

so your telling me if i got a one on one and there is no safety over the top i shouldn't throw it?
or if i see a blitz and audible out of it ?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #24
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

One on ones down the field are pretty much an automatic ball batted down unless you user catch, and pretty much anyone who doesn't have house rules will audible out of a run if a blitz is called.

There's a lot of things that you're supposed to do in real life that I never do on this game. For example, I almost never throw a ball before a receiver makes his cut, because it'll throw the ball in the wrong place almost every single time. Another thing is the linebackers, specifically in zone coverage. In real football, you can throw the ball behind the zone coverage in the hole for a completion. In NCAA, that type of throw will almost always be an interception/batted down thanks to the stupid ball trajectory/60 inch vertical super linebackers.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »