Home

Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

This is a discussion on Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

I'm with you man. I'm not going to derail your thread, but there are a ton more discrepancies with cosmetics that you would THINK would be pretty easy to address. I mean we're only talking player models and artwork here, not major code overhauls sheesh.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
bump - until it has been confirmed that this has been addressed, I feel like EA needs to be made aware of this situation and that it is not okay to just ignore this for another year. This drives me NUTS! I wished someone that compiles questions for EA on their webcasts and such would ask this question so we can hear what they say once it is brought up.
EA knows about this issue.It's been around for years in the bugs and glitches thread and hasn't been acknowledged once. A simple Q&A of the editing tool used by EA would solve this if they ever decide to test it. I am with you it's frustrating and looks crazy!!..LOL
Old 04-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
DISCLAMER: I am a die-hard EA Sports and NCAA football gamer, and I normally do not complain about these games very much. I am a glass half-full kinda guy when it comes to these games - they are my life outside of work and my marriage. So this is just not me coming on here and whining and complaining about how EA Sports suxorz and how this game is awful. I am still playing NCAA 12 3-4 games a week after playing NCAA 11 for 14 months straight.

I know this has been talked about before and many have complained about this issue, but this is one thing I believe we cannot complain about enough. This has been something that has been broken for YEARS and I just wished someone could step up and tell us why it happens, or possibly even a work around to get past this? This is an absolute game killer for me, especially playing with Virginia Tech and having David Wilson with noodle arms when this kid has some serious guns in real life. All of my running backs look like pop warner players, not a matured college athlete ready for the NFL. This is just something I feel like we need to petition until EA Sports finally hears us and fixes this glaring issue. NOTE: I realize there are other big problems with this game and everyone has their own opinions, but this issue is just plain silly. Does anyone else care to co-sign this post and hopefully EA will FINALLY hear us? I know there are plenty other guys on here that feel the same way that I do.

For the guys that have no idea what I am talking about, there is a glitch with running backs if you go to edit their stature, it makes their arms supper skinny no matter if the slider is on 0 or on 100. I know it happens on some db's and occasionally some wr's, but its hit or miss. For running backs, it is EVERY running back that gets hit with this glitch once edited. here are some pictures for proof. Most of these are from NCAA 11, but its prevalent in NCAA 12 as well.

This running back was 5'11" 210 lbs with arms set to 100:

This was another back that I had, this guy was 220+ (look at his arms in conjunction with the defenders tackling him.

and here is David Wilson from NCAA 12:

I don't know how this will be received, but I think its worth a shot to at least have EA sports hear our complaints and hopefully address this with NCAA 13.

I will start!

-MM Boost
I can't replicate this in the player editor in NCAA '13.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

So, if you take a running back that is say...5'11" and weighs 200 lbs., and you go into edit his arms to make his arms look bigger to give him more muscle tone (say move the arm slider from 40 to 80)...it does not automatically give him the anorexic arms that I have pictured in this thread? Is there anyway to prove that?

Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
So, if you take a running back that is say...5'11" and weighs 200 lbs., and you go into edit his arms to make his arms look bigger to give him more muscle tone (say move the arm slider from 40 to 80)...it does not automatically give him the anorexic arms that I have pictured in this thread? Is there anyway to prove that?
I did exactly this. Hopefully my word is good enough proof because that's all I have to provide, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

So can you at least describe how the arms look...did they look large like a running back that's really cut up, or were they still relatively small. most running backs today that are juniors/seniors have some huge arms/bi-ceps, and pretty much defines to the look of a running back in comparison to say a DB or a receiver. is there a noticeable difference from what you are seeing and from the pictures i posted?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #23
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

It's not a glitch and it isn't limited to RBs.

Realistic looking player models has never been EA Sports' forte. This goes for pretty much all their titles. Not just Madden and NCAA.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
So can you at least describe how the arms look...did they look large like a running back that's really cut up, or were they still relatively small. most running backs today that are juniors/seniors have some huge arms/bi-ceps, and pretty much defines to the look of a running back in comparison to say a DB or a receiver. is there a noticeable difference from what you are seeing and from the pictures i posted?
That's too subjective for me to answer. Do they look like the images you showed above? No. Do they look fine? They do to me, but I'm not as obsessed with some of these things as many people. I play more NCAA than damn near anyone but I've never even noticed this in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »