Home

Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

This is a discussion on Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #33
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Let me know what you find out Shaun! I didn't mean that is a bash on you, but I play the hell out of these games...I played NCAA from July 2010 through September 2011 when I started NCAA 12, and I am still playing it to this day, and it has been evident on EVERY single one of my running backs. I get wrapped up in these games and I edit my teams to make them look as realistic as possible.

After you try this out, let me know what you find.

BTW, I haven't seen it listed anywhere...how do you have affiliation with this game/EA? I must have missed it!

Thanks again!!
He is a EA Game Changer and got invited to their Community Day that they currently had this week.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
He is a EA Game Changer and got invited to their Community Day that they currently had this week.
This might be a dumb question so forgive me but what exactly is a EA game Changer?

Do these guys break down the effects of sliders and player ratings during actual gameplay or do they do something else in regards to the game?

I'd love to have someone in EA's gameplay dept to actually study the effects of sliders and ratings for once before the game is actually released.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #35
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This might be a dumb question so forgive me but what exactly is a EA game Changer?

Do these guys break down the effects of sliders and player ratings during actual gameplay or do they do something else in regards to the game?

I'd love to have someone in EA's gameplay dept to actually study the effects of sliders and ratings for once before the game is actually released.
It is a program EA Sports started about 3 years where as they get people from around the USA to come down there and give feed back on the game during the development cycle of the game.

They go down there for 4 days at a time, play the game damn near all day like a regular job plus over time. Take down notes and give feed back of the current build. Then the next day they play the improved build and repeat the process.

So far this cycle I think this week was the 3rd NCAA community day event and I believe Madden has had 2 community day events. Even though it says Community "Day", in reality it is a week long event.

Now are all these guys big into breaking down ratings and how they ACTUALLY effect game play ? From what I seen, NO, they aren't. Majority of these guys are purely default roster using, play online 99% of the time type of guys.

Which would probably explain why this series has been stuck in neutral far as game play and CPU AI behavior is concerned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #36
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is a program EA Sports started about 3 years where as they get people from around the USA to come down there and give feed back on the game during the development cycle of the game.

They go down there for 4 days at a time, play the game damn near all day like a regular job plus over time. Take down notes and give feed back of the current build. Then the next day they play the improved build and repeat the process.

So far this cycle I think this week was the 3rd NCAA community day event and I believe Madden has had 2 community day events. Even though it says Community "Day", in reality it is a week long event.

Now are all these guys big into breaking down ratings and how they ACTUALLY effect game play ? From what I seen, NO, they aren't. Majority of these guys are purely default roster using, play online 99% of the time type of guys.

Which would probably explain why this series has been stuck in neutral far as game play and CPU AI behavior is concerned.
EA has had community events for as long as they've made games. The Game Changers is a completely different program. In the "old" days, community events meant inviting guys down a month before release and showing them the game, letting them have a tournament and sending them home to talk about how great the game is.

The Game Changers work year round with designers and the development team. During the months after release, we work to aggregate community problems (read: bugs, issues, etc.) and ensure that the team at EA are aware of problems so they can be addressed. We are also working to provide input and feedback that eventually become features in future editions. Starting 6-7 months before release we routinely go to EA for a week at a time to really dive into the upcoming release. We provide input on implementation, balance and outstanding issues.

I've personally been to EA three times since January to work on NCAA '13. While we are here, we concentrate on the game 12+ hours a day, provide direct feedback to the team. There are an interesting mix of people here. Some are guys who are what I would term "lobby" players, they are fantastic at finding "glitches" and other game play balance issues. We have people who are fanatical about dynasty, we have others who are extremely interested in the pageantry of college football and how it is represented in the game. To a fault, everyone wants the game we play year round to be football.

I would love if one day we got to show the "inside" of some of this activity. I'm a pretty vocal guy and while I try to be positive in general have many, many, many quarrels with the existing state of Madden/NCAA. We've been pretty brutal in round tables and dialog about things that need to be fixed, changed or upgraded.

Don't be naive enough to think that none of us investigate how sliders and ratings matter. After this time I have a very intimate understanding of what each rating actually does in game, because I've asked and tweaked, and broken things while at EA.

I'm not entirely sure why people continually insist on writing the Game Changers off. I've spend this whole week combing this forum (which I don't even post on most of the time), looking for bugs and well thought out study items so I can investigate with NCAA '13 in my hands. I've also tried to take the concerns here about new features and game balance and try them out in game so things that are potential problems can be identified NOW.

I'm as open about things as I can be (NDA and good sense does make me filter some things) and if you have questions or feedback I'm more than willing to listen and have a conversation, but posts like yours are a bit irritating to me, simply because you don't have enough understanding of what we do.

Some people go to the beach on vacation, I go to EA SPORTS and work on NCAA until my eyes hurt.=)
Old 04-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #37
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Shaun, I was laying in bed and thought of something last night. Do this for me. Do the change like I mentioned...find a running back with say arms at 40 default, increase them to 100. in the player editor, the running back will look like he has HUGE/thick arms. Go to practice mode, run a play with that running back and look at the replay. If you see him in the practice mode, (at least in the last 4 years of NCAA), he looks like the skeleton of the guy that you edited in the player editor. This issue does not show up until the guy is IN game.

In other words, in the editor, the guy will look buff and like he has been eating plenty of protein. But once you go into the game, the glitch comes out and he will look like Paris Hilton. Try this, and then report back. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating that the running backs look so awesome in the editor, but then once the game starts....he looks like he hasn't eat in about 6 months. Thanks Shaun!
Why are you laying in bed thinking about this?
Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@ShaunLMason, Some of us were discussing throwing a receiver open in the game and that part of the webcast video here.http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043589072

It starts at post #232 (which I directly linked to) and continues through about post #241. I think you talked about this in another post but maybe you can give a little more detail to how refined this feature is. Also, maybe they can get it tuned better if it needs it.

Also, I love the premise of the mechanic but is there an option for a User that wants more of a realistic challenge to "turn off" the visual indicator aspect? Meaning having the new "look" feature working under the hood but the icons staying "lit" all the time like last year.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #39
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganSf
Why are you laying in bed thinking about this?
I have that effect on people.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #40
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
EA has had community events for as long as they've made games. The Game Changers is a completely different program. In the "old" days, community events meant inviting guys down a month before release and showing them the game, letting them have a tournament and sending them home to talk about how great the game is.

The Game Changers work year round with designers and the development team. During the months after release, we work to aggregate community problems (read: bugs, issues, etc.) and ensure that the team at EA are aware of problems so they can be addressed. We are also working to provide input and feedback that eventually become features in future editions. Starting 6-7 months before release we routinely go to EA for a week at a time to really dive into the upcoming release. We provide input on implementation, balance and outstanding issues.

I've personally been to EA three times since January to work on NCAA '13. While we are here, we concentrate on the game 12+ hours a day, provide direct feedback to the team. There are an interesting mix of people here. Some are guys who are what I would term "lobby" players, they are fantastic at finding "glitches" and other game play balance issues. We have people who are fanatical about dynasty, we have others who are extremely interested in the pageantry of college football and how it is represented in the game. To a fault, everyone wants the game we play year round to be football.

I would love if one day we got to show the "inside" of some of this activity. I'm a pretty vocal guy and while I try to be positive in general have many, many, many quarrels with the existing state of Madden/NCAA. We've been pretty brutal in round tables and dialog about things that need to be fixed, changed or upgraded.

Don't be naive enough to think that none of us investigate how sliders and ratings matter. After this time I have a very intimate understanding of what each rating actually does in game, because I've asked and tweaked, and broken things while at EA.

I'm not entirely sure why people continually insist on writing the Game Changers off. I've spend this whole week combing this forum (which I don't even post on most of the time), looking for bugs and well thought out study items so I can investigate with NCAA '13 in my hands. I've also tried to take the concerns here about new features and game balance and try them out in game so things that are potential problems can be identified NOW.

I'm as open about things as I can be (NDA and good sense does make me filter some things) and if you have questions or feedback I'm more than willing to listen and have a conversation, but posts like yours are a bit irritating to me, simply because you don't have enough understanding of what we do.

Some people go to the beach on vacation, I go to EA SPORTS and work on NCAA until my eyes hurt.=)
Cool man, thanks for the insight...one thing...if your indeed the liason for us and EA, PLEASE tell them to either make the penalty sliders work (I haven't seen a pass interference call in 5 years) or explain to us why fundamental aspectss such as penalties have been untouched and left out for five years and 3d grass makes it in. I mean community day inside looks are a good idea, but I would love to sit and observe the dev roundtable discussion on how to make this game better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »