Home

Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

This is a discussion on Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

DISCLAMER: I am a die-hard EA Sports and NCAA football gamer, and I normally do not complain about these games very much. I am a glass half-full kinda guy when it comes to these games - they are my life outside of work and my marriage. So this is just not me coming on here and whining and complaining about how EA Sports suxorz and how this game is awful. I am still playing NCAA 12 3-4 games a week after playing NCAA 11 for 14 months straight.

I know this has been talked about before and many have complained about this issue, but this is one thing I believe we cannot complain about enough. This has been something that has been broken for YEARS and I just wished someone could step up and tell us why it happens, or possibly even a work around to get past this? This is an absolute game killer for me, especially playing with Virginia Tech and having David Wilson with noodle arms when this kid has some serious guns in real life. All of my running backs look like pop warner players, not a matured college athlete ready for the NFL. This is just something I feel like we need to petition until EA Sports finally hears us and fixes this glaring issue. NOTE: I realize there are other big problems with this game and everyone has their own opinions, but this issue is just plain silly. Does anyone else care to co-sign this post and hopefully EA will FINALLY hear us? I know there are plenty other guys on here that feel the same way that I do.

For the guys that have no idea what I am talking about, there is a glitch with running backs if you go to edit their stature, it makes their arms supper skinny no matter if the slider is on 0 or on 100. I know it happens on some db's and occasionally some wr's, but its hit or miss. For running backs, it is EVERY running back that gets hit with this glitch once edited. here are some pictures for proof. Most of these are from NCAA 11, but its prevalent in NCAA 12 as well.

This running back was 5'11" 210 lbs with arms set to 100:

This was another back that I had, this guy was 220+ (look at his arms in conjunction with the defenders tackling him.

and here is David Wilson from NCAA 12:

I don't know how this will be received, but I think its worth a shot to at least have EA sports hear our complaints and hopefully address this with NCAA 13.

I will start!

-MM Boost

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

Yea its been like this forever literally but at the end of the day its a work around for it when they end up that skinny you have to lower the slider. The value are 0=100, 10=90, 20=80 and so on its works sometime for me
Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Can you confirm this? I have tried this before thinking it was the same thing as for lineman where opposite results in bigger arms/etc...but it didn't work for me. Has anyone else tried this before?

Old 01-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

You know what I actually notice this the other day, and upped the arm size on my RB all the way, his arm was still skinny though. why add a slider that clearly does not work?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Completely agree with this needing to be fixed. All of the body proportion sliders have been broken for years now. It carries over to the default physical appearance and proportions of generated recruits as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

This thread makes me realize how goofy the shoulder pads look on these players.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8

While the skinny arms are bad I feel like the wide receivers and running backs with lineman arms are just as bad if not worse. I don't have any pictures right now but I am sure most of you know what I'm talking about...
Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Point proven...all these sliders are broke. Keep cosigning this let's get this going so ea sports hears us and realize that this is a major issue that needs to be fixed in ncaa 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »