Home

Defensive Hot Routes

This is a discussion on Defensive Hot Routes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Defensive Hot Routes

Although I've been playing the NCAA series for years, I've never utilized, or even been aware of defensive hot routes. And being my D has been getting gashed lately, I figured now might be a good time to start. Can anyone give me a brief description of them, as well as how to set them on the controller?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
What system do you use bud?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

Re: Defensive Hot Routes

I'm on PS3.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Defensive Hot Routes

I personally use blitz for my defensive ends to create a more realistic DE sack ratio (if you put a DE to blitz they go straight forward, edge the DT next to them closer, and you can get the DE's more sacks. In offline anyway).

Man coverage, deep zone, and QB contain are the ones I use most often. Experiment, you'll find what you like.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
Defensive Hot Routes

I personally use blitz for my defensive ends to create a more realistic DE sack ratio (if you put a DE to blitz they go straight forward, edge the DT next to them closer, and you can get the DE's more sacks. In offline anyway).

Man coverage, deep zone, and QB contain are the ones I use most often. Experiment, you'll find what you like.
Is much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

When I play against human opponents who have athletic quarterbacks, I will often create my own unique spy packages by using HR's after my playcall. This really helps you mix things up. I like to spy scramblers with ends, linebackers, safeties, and even the 3rd or 4th corner in specefic situations. This can really help you against people who like to kill you with scramblers.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Any suggestions for when someone has trips on one side or "floods" the zone? Should I audible to man coverage?

Also, will a buzz zone stop the corner route...seems like that is the route I get beat on most in zone coverage.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #8
Rookie

ChristianDasher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles72781
Any suggestions for when someone has trips on one side or "floods" the zone? Should I audible to man coverage?

Also, will a buzz zone stop the corner route...seems like that is the route I get beat on most in zone coverage.

Okay. I'm going to give you two answers. Real life vs Game. I'm a defense maniac, getting my bachelors in coaching right now >.> Anywayyy long story short.

1. Trips on one side - It generally means a screen or a heavy run on that side. In real life you would have a Cover 2 play with a either a linebacker or a corner covering the flat because that'll definitely have a player. Then have a corner covering the deep and possibly a linebacker who can play zone over the middle. Generally if you're running a 4-3 or 4-2-5 then you want to go to a nickle package at least for this. In the game the best thing to do is decide if they're in shotgun or not. If they are, it's almost certainly a pass. I prefer a cover 3 in Dime. If there is a running back in the shotgun formation set the D-Line where it will run with a running back on an off-tackle play. Then shift the LBs over towards the trips.

2. Unfortunately zone always has wholes. Hence zone. The unfortunate part of this game is that zone rarely works, although I use it all the time. The computer will almost certain find a way to screw the zone up. Corner routes are a pain with zone, the best way to stop it would be a buzz zone as you said, the problem is, you're generally leaving a huge gap across the middle, but you also have to watch the deep zone. Offensive tip, if you can have a TE run a corner route and have a wide receiver go deep on the same side, you with almost always beat them with the TE. Man coverage pressed with a deep safety who can watch the deep field is the best way to defend against it. If you need any more help just message me. #1 D in all categories for 3 straight seasons

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »