Home

Patch/In season progression?

This is a discussion on Patch/In season progression? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Patch/In season progression?

Hi, It's been awhile since I've played this game but in the recent patches/fixes have they added in-season progression and fixed progression as a whole? I find the game to be unplayable when I pass for X amount of yards with my Freshman QB and he only grows a minimal 3points in the offseason let alone 0 points during the year. Can anyone tell me if they added inseason progression? What other changes the patches fix?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Patch/In season progression?

There is some progression but not as often as last year.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
There is some progression but not as often as last year.
Is this after the patch or before??

And can you give me some examples on players you had grow? Lets say I had a 69 rated freshman running back rush for 1600yards on 4.8ypc, how much will he grow(if)??

Thanks for the help
Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
I never understood the opinion that ratings should increase based on production. It should be the other way around... Production should increase based on ratings (and ratings should increase based on coaching, playing time, etc). Otherwise, there would be no such thing as a "system player" and the rich would simply get richer as those players who outperformed their ratings would get even better than their normal progression.

But yeah, in-season progression is definitely in the game, I just can't say to what extent or in what fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I never understood the opinion that ratings should increase based on production. It should be the other way around... Production should increase based on ratings (and ratings should increase based on coaching, playing time, etc). Otherwise, there would be no such thing as a "system player" and the rich would simply get richer as those players who outperformed their ratings would get even better than their normal progression.

But yeah, in-season progression is definitely in the game, I just can't say to what extent or in what fashion.

What is the progression based on? The reason I'm asking is that I had the game when it came and did a dynasty but didn't notice any inseason progression, this was pre-patch as well. How severe is the is the player progression?

Also, I disagree with your assessment. In real life players break out and some become busts, 2 stars become some of CFB's best players and some 4-5stars become busts. It shouldn't be predetermined what a players ratings is..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Hi can anyone answer the question for me? Sorry to sound annoying but a quick answer would be beneficial
Old 01-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan335

Also, I disagree with your assessment. In real life players break out and some become busts, 2 stars become some of CFB's best players and some 4-5stars become busts. It shouldn't be predetermined what a players ratings is..
Oh, without a doubt. There definitely needs to be more uncertainty with the potential of recruits. However, just because he puts up big numbers, that doesn't mean he is a great player. Look at some of the QBs that went through Hawaii and Texas Tech within the last few years. Aside from maybe Colt Brennan and Graham Harrel, would they have been that successful in more tradional offenses? Yet, their ratings would have certainly been 95+ under the idea that ratings are based on production. If I have a running back that is 95 speed, agility and acceleration with no break tackle and go out and run for 1300 yards in a pure spread offense, does that mean he would 1300 in any other style of offense? No. There are players that excel based on the system they play in.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Oh, without a doubt. There definitely needs to be more uncertainty with the potential of recruits. However, just because he puts up big numbers, that doesn't mean he is a great player. Look at some of the QBs that went through Hawaii and Texas Tech within the last few years. Aside from maybe Colt Brennan and Graham Harrel, would they have been that successful in more tradional offenses? Yet, their ratings would have certainly been 95+ under the idea that ratings are based on production. If I have a running back that is 95 speed, agility and acceleration with no break tackle and go out and run for 1300 yards in a pure spread offense, does that mean he would 1300 in any other style of offense? No. There are players that excel based on the system they play in.

Ok, I agree with you to an extent. The game should also factor in level of competition then, a Mac QB rated 85 shouldn't grow much more unless he faces legit competition.

But also take a player like RG3 for example. I don't know his initial ratings but it's probably around 85?, he should grow multiple points as he won the Heisman but I don't know if it would happen in the game if you had a QB do the same..

Also what is the highest some of your players grew in-season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »