Home

I think I'm calling it quits on NCAA 12.

This is a discussion on I think I'm calling it quits on NCAA 12. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I think I'm calling it quits on NCAA 12.

well sucks to suck

Kansas Track & Field LJ

PSN: Dancer_Dancer

#nowplaying Without Walls - Memphis May Fire
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I actually fired it up tonight, started new dynasty as an O.C., played first game, played 2 quarters of the second game and then shut my xbox 360 off.

I think ever since NCAA 08 the game has gotten worse and this last update seems more frustrating than fun. It doesn't even resemble real football.

I loved NCAA 07 for last gen. Overall, think that was the best one I played.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #11
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I only really play online dynasty. Offline solo dynasties, road to glory and exhibition games don't matter to me, I like recruiting against people. I used to be in 4 online dynasties with different level teams but slowly but surely that has worked down to 2. One of them got eaten by the transfer failed glitch, the other wasn't competitive and moved too slow and I'm close to dropping a 3rd because it has become 10 or 11 CPU games a year and playing the CPU is just BORING.

In that dynasty, I have challenged myself to not throw a pass the rest of the year and I've gone 6 games now having not thrown a pass. I did have a pass counted against me in one game, but it was a forward option lateral. I run 50 or 60 or 70 times a game with 3 HB, a QB and a FB and using have 3 100 yard rushers and 500 yards rushing.

Sliders are just so hit or miss, a single notch one way or the other is the difference between an incapable CPU and an unrealistic CPU. I have one great OD that I love that is full and competitive with top teams and 4-5 user games a year and the recruiting and user battles are fun, but even then, CPU games are insanely dull. I just don't see how people get joy out of playing the CPU. I suppose if you want to individually edit every player rating and constantly tweak sliders and all that just to get a single good game, more power to you, but just the thought of that is insane.

I'll keep playing the game, I love this OD I'm in, I just started another OD with a buddy where we just recruit and sim and play vs each other once a year but I spend MUCH less time on it than I used to. I actually think I spend more time doing custom playbooks than I do actually using the playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Just have to ask???? I know EA not done very good keeping up with football games, But have we all forgot that we are still playing VIDEO GAMES???? its just a GAME'!!!! What are you playing if you gave up on FOOTBALL game??..Am sure you all picked it up cause you like playing FB games....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »