Home

NCAA 13: Updates from Community Day

This is a discussion on NCAA 13: Updates from Community Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #73
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 13: Updates from Community Day

lolll, Gopher went in.....

we don't know yet...we'll see....I am very interested to hear what "they listened" means....I mean, the list of things we've asked for is as long as a football field, so what could they have listened to
Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #74
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I hope that there is diversity of gaming style amongst the people who are at this Community Day. Reading that thread at Tradition Sports I was somewhat disheartened by the flip attitude toward the depth chart issue.

If all you play are User vs. User games then you aren't going to be too concerned with numerous issues that severely hamper the offline single player dynasty mode experience.

Whether its, running, throwing, blocking, calling plays, kicking field goals, calling time out, recruiting players, organizing their depth chart, et al., if the A.I. can't make good decisions, then the experience can only be mediocre.

I hope that everyone there isn't just focused on how well things work for the User.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #75
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Really minor thing, but I wonder if UTSA, USA, TSU, and UMASS will be added in.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #76
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I hope that there is diversity of gaming style amongst the people who are at this Community Day. Reading that thread at Tradition Sports I was somewhat disheartened by the flip attitude toward the depth chart issue.

If all you play are User vs. User games then you aren't going to be too concerned with numerous issues that severely hamper the offline single player dynasty mode experience.

Whether its, running, throwing, blocking, calling plays, kicking field goals, calling time out, recruiting players, organizing their depth chart, et al., if the A.I. can't make good decisions, then the experience can only be mediocre.

I hope that everyone there isn't just focused on how well things work for the User.
That has always been the problem with the Game Changers program. It is too one sided. All of them are heavy online guys who host online leagues, dynasties, etc.

Also I don't know why they invite Madden guys to a NCAA community day, when in reality they barely even play NCAA. IMO you shouldn't be invited to both. You either work on Madden or your work on NCAA.

So when I was reading all the names that was invited to the NCAA community day I was like WTF, half of them don't even play NCAA, so why were they even invited ? They are Madden players not NCAA players.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #77
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
That has always been the problem with the Game Changers program. It is too one sided. All of them are heavy online guys who host online leagues, dynasties, etc.

Also I don't know why they invite Madden guys to a NCAA community day, when in reality they barely even play NCAA. IMO you shouldn't be invited to both. You either work on Madden or your work on NCAA.

So when I was reading all the names that was invited to the NCAA community day I was like WTF, half of them don't even play NCAA, so why were they even invited ? They are Madden players not NCAA players.
I want to clear up a few things in your statement here. First off, there were guys in attendance who play many different ways. We had guys that only play offlien dynasty, guys who are big RTG guys, Online Franchise guys, and Onlien H2H guys.

Also, every guy brought in plays NCAA Football a lot. Many are more familiar with guys like Shopmaster, ZFarls, and SGibs from the Madden world, but they also play NCAA. Farls and Gibs wrote the guide on NCAA Football 12, so their feedback on gameplay was crucial this year IMO. There was also guys that came in who only play NCAA Football.

I'd also like to point out that we don't just bring in Game Changers for the event. Many of the guys who are Game Changers now were guys who were invited down to a community event and wanted to do more. That's how they joined the program. Not the other way around.

We're going to have 4 more NCAA events this year, so you'll see an even bigger variety in guys coming in. Always appreciate the feedback, so keep it coming. I just want to make sure that you know the reasoning on our choices.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #78
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Dewiel, can you give any information regarding the features members of this forum have requested in this thread and others? Most importantly gameplay related features....

I notice you are very quick to defend EA's program but have offered very little substantial information about what you're going to do to improve upon a broken and simply lackluster / mediocre game this year.

I've bought NCAA every year since 1999. This year, 2013 is going to have to earn my money. What are you going to do to improve this game?

Give us significant information and a reason to believe EA is actually trying to do better...... Thanks.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #79
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Dewiel, just remember what you learned from last year. Communicate, communicate, communicate.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #80
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Hey.......just call me the feed back guy.....I will definitely bring it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »