Home

Recruit

This is a discussion on Recruit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Recruit

Do you guys let the cpu recruit players for you if your playing as a coordinator since you have to recruit both sides. Do you pick players who match your philopshy or pick best talent available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruit

I usually just let the CPU do the recruiting for me if I'm a coordinator. Now when I become a coach I do it myself.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

I do it both as a coordinator and a head coach. Mainly because otherwise the computer recruits 35 players many of which are fairly useless to you and you have tons of players graduating at a time. Personally, I recruit 10 must have players yearly and as I get them to commit I'll put another on the list but I usually don't recruit more than 15-20 a year. Sometimes only 10 though. Depends on my needs.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone
Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Banned

Yes recruit what they fit into you scheme. If your a 3/4 make sure you get lbs that can cover/rush
or if your an option team make sure you get a speedy qb/ speed hb
or pocket passer/possession wr
if you like to run it 80/20 get oline men that can run block
Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I do all my recruiting even as coordinator. I don't let the cpu do any of it. I try to recruit the best players available, but I have been paying more attention to certain attributes lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Rookie

I do all the recruiting from day one. It's my favorite part of the game and far more fun to me than playing or coaching.

When I originally heard of the concept of coordinator I planned to only recruit my side of the ball... but, the game puts in "win" requirements, so I'm forced to recruit the other side of the ball to ensure we have the talent to win.

I also recruit the best talent available and play schemes to get the most out of that talent i.e. the Broncos or Borges this year at Michigan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »