Home

A unique way to redshirt that I'm trying out in one of my OD

This is a discussion on A unique way to redshirt that I'm trying out in one of my OD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A unique way to redshirt that I'm trying out in one of my OD

Hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

In one of my online dynasties, I've just won back to back national titles. I'm Alabama, and use a run heavy system, bunch of 2 backs, 2 tight end sets, and just over powering opponents. I was able to talk my now RS Jr qb back, as well as my RS Sr running back and a Jr linebacker, but missed on a RS So, the nations leading wr with 30 recs for 1401 yards and 18 tds, 95 SPC, as he turned pro.

So now, at qb i have :
RS Jr qb(91 Ovr, 98 tha, 91 thp)
True Jr qb (87 ovr, 92 tha, 96 thp)
RS Fr qb (80 ovr, 86 tha, 85 thp)

I figure my starter is going pro, since he tried to go last season, so i red shirted my 2nd string qb and will rely on the RS Fr to back up and give the junior 2 more years.

I was able to talk my beastly RS Jr back for his RS Sr year. I also have another good RS Sr rb, former #1 HB who's a true jr, plus i brought in the #2 and #4 Hb's in this recruiting class.
At rb, I have:
RS Sr beast rb(97 ovr, 91 acc, 91 speed, 99 BTK, 97 Elusiveness.) BEAST
RS Sr rb (91 ovr, 98 acc, 86 speed, 96 trucking, 91 BTk)
true Jr rb (89 ovr, 89 acc, 88 speed, 91 BTk)
true freshman(79 ovr, 82 acc, 89 speed, )

I chose to redshirt the 89 ovr junior. I used him as a formation sub in a few formations, including a shotgun formation where i can get 3 running backs on the field in an Oregon style offense i use as a wrinkle. I figure i can plug the freshman in and use him the same way, that way, after this season, I'll have a RS Jr who should be pretty beastly with a true soph and a rs freshman to relieve him, plus i'm recruiting the #1 and 2 running backs in this class

At LOLB, I have a 91 overall Sr, and a 90 overall RS Sr, with an 82 overall RS Freshman. I decided to RS the 91 ovr senior(91 hit power, 91 pursuit, 91 tackle, 92 block shedding) and start the 90 overall RS Sr(91 hit power, 81 play recognition, 90 tackle, 80 pursuit, 86 block shedding) so I can have the 91 overall back as probably a 93-95 overall beast for next season.

Will redshirting these upperclassmen cause them to want to transfer? Even more importantly, will redshirting my beastly 91 ovr linebacker, will he still declare for the pros?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: A unique way to redshirt that I'm trying out in one of my OD

Why not make one of the LOLBs a ROLB? That way you would not have to worry about what redshirting would do to the 91 OVR
Old 01-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
Why not make one of the LOLBs a ROLB? That way you would not have to worry about what redshirting would do to the 91 OVR
Because my ROLB is an absoloute monster as well. RS Sr, 89 ovr, 96 hit power, 96 pursuit, 98 acceleration, and 99 Block shedding.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I do something similar, redshirting upperclassmen if there are two of them at one position or if they are beaten out by someone else or in the case where I'm worried about a guy leaving early. I've never seen a redshirted upperclassman try to go pro, I think you are safe there. However, I have seen some very good redshirted Soph's elect to transfer. I've gotten them all back, but they did try.

It has gotten to the point for me that I don't redshirt anyone unless they absolutely positively cannot play. I use no redshirt as a recruiting promise constantly and I mix in a ton of freshmen. The exception to this is offensive line, where I'll recruit 2 and 3* guys even at a 6* school just to build up depth.

If there is no way you can find a position for them to play, you should be safe in redshirting them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »