Home

How to fix the diry disk error, please help

This is a discussion on How to fix the diry disk error, please help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2003, 07:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
How to fix the diry disk error, please help

Guys, please help!!! My friend and I have all but come to a hault because he can't get through the second quarter let alone the whole game any more without getting a dirty disk error. He went to Best Buy and bought that disk cleaner with the stuff on it that is suppose to clean your lense. He let that run in the Xbox for 30 minutes. Result, no change, it still stops the game with a diry disk error in the second quarter or early third.

Now I get these from time to time but usually only when I put the game on pause for more than a couple of minutes. My buddy never hits the pause button and just tries to get through the game. Any suggestions on what he might want to try to do?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2003, 07:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: How to fix the diry disk error, please help

I posted this same post on the www.xbox.com forum and I got my answer. It was a problem with one of the saved files for the game. Apparently a bad saved file can corrupt your current dynasty game. Don't ask me how but when I cleared all them off my problem went away. I hope this might help some of you.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hmm, I didn't know that was a problem this year too. I had that last year however.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:49 AM   #4
dallasboy87

OVR:

I had the same problem about 5 months ago. There is something wrong with the Xbox's reading lense. To fix it, call the Xbox support #, (I think it is 1-800-4MY-XBOX, i'm not completely sure though) Tell them the problem, they'll ask if you've used a lense cleaner( even if you haven't just say yes), They will set up a repair for free, send you an empty box to ship your Xbox to them in, You have to call Airborne Express to pick it up, and in about a week, Your Xbox will be back W/O the disc read error.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »