Home

Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

This is a discussion on Why has EA not implented a Spring Game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
What would be the goal? Just to play it? Or do you want it to mean something? Do you want them to implement the same concept as in Madden where kids' ratings aren't known at first?

One of the biggest complaints in Madden was that preseason games meant nothing. Everybody always said they just simmed past preseason. I STILL sim past preseason games. Are you looking for them to implement a game that most players will just sim past anyways?
The difference between a spring GAME and pre-SEASON. is the words. A spring game is one game. You get see what your frosh look like. And it would be nice just to have an intrasquad scrimmage.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

It would be nice just because it's a real event...

EA's motto is "If it's in the game, it's in the game."

Live up to it.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblespoon
It would be nice just because it's a real event...

EA's motto is "If it's in the game, it's in the game."

Live up to it.
That's a cheap argument, especially from this community. This community has argued for years that preseason games in Madden mean zilch, are pointless, get simmed past, etc. Now here we are asking for the very same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarviswise
The difference between a spring GAME and pre-SEASON. is the words. A spring game is one game. You get see what your frosh look like. And it would be nice just to have an intrasquad scrimmage.
See above. What would it mean? You want to see what they look like? Look at their ratings. You want to tell me that you want immersion or something? Then explain the widespread argument about preseason in madden in year's past.

This place be wacky.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's not a weak argument at all. I've never said anything about the pre-season games in Madden. You can't lump "this community" into one pot when we are a collective of individuals with disparate points of view.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #21
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That's a cheap argument, especially from this community. This community has argued for years that preseason games in Madden mean zilch, are pointless, get simmed past, etc. Now here we are asking for the very same thing.

See above. What would it mean? You want to see what they look like? Look at their ratings. You want to tell me that you want immersion or something? Then explain the widespread argument about preseason in madden in year's past.

This place be wacky.
This is college football. Not the NFL. Obviously there are people who want their video game to more closely mirror the real life sport. I've said what the spring game, mode, or whatever you want to call it could be like, and so has PowerofRed. There could be different uses for it.

I'm one of those people that likes to use the pre-season in Madden to see what players are going to make the cut. I sign free agents and give them playing time and see how they perform.

I don't see how wanting something that would improve the game's quality by making it flow more like real college football is wacky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

I want scrimage mode in practice mode. We need 4 downs and moving line of scrimage. Plus situational drills. I get tired of starting from the same line. Just simulate a drive starting at the 20 yard line, have a play clock and go at it
Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #23
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I want scrimage mode in practice mode. We need 4 downs and moving line of scrimage. Plus situational drills. I get tired of starting from the same line. Just simulate a drive starting at the 20 yard line, have a play clock and go at it
I would absolutely settle for this. If a full on spring/fall camp isn't available, simply being able to have an in-dynasty scrimmage mode with down and distance and customizable game situations would be more than enough. I believe they have something like it in the NBA 2k series where you can set the clock, timeouts, score, etc and go from there.

I'd love to be able to practice a desperation, last 30 seconds needing a FG type situation so I can get familiar with where my plays are in no huddle and what plays will best work to get down the field. Or in my case, since I am poor in the red zone in my spread offense, be able to just go out there and practice 1st & 10 from the +20 and see what works and what doesn't.

It cannot be that difficult of an installation to do something like this.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
This is college football. Not the NFL. Obviously there are people who want their video game to more closely mirror the real life sport. I've said what the spring game, mode, or whatever you want to call it could be like, and so has PowerofRed. There could be different uses for it.

I'm one of those people that likes to use the pre-season in Madden to see what players are going to make the cut. I sign free agents and give them playing time and see how they perform.

I don't see how wanting something that would improve the game's quality by making it flow more like real college football is wacky.
That's all well and good, but my (very clear) point was that, as a community, everyone has complained about preseason-type games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »