Home

Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

This is a discussion on Why has EA not implented a Spring Game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

Why after all these years has EA not implented a Spring after all these years? and lets not get started on random plays in practice mode.. and no I don't want random plays from one formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

What would be the goal? Just to play it? Or do you want it to mean something? Do you want them to implement the same concept as in Madden where kids' ratings aren't known at first?

One of the biggest complaints in Madden was that preseason games meant nothing. Everybody always said they just simmed past preseason. I STILL sim past preseason games. Are you looking for them to implement a game that most players will just sim past anyways?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10

Whats the difference between this and what the practice mode is right now? Just a scoreboard and a game clock right?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I would rather have the Under Armour game. That way you can scout incoming recruits. I mean hell even College Hoops 2K8 had the McDonalds HS All Star game in their dynasty mode.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I would rather have the Under Armour game. That way you can scout incoming recruits. I mean hell even College Hoops 2K8 had the McDonalds HS All Star game in their dynasty mode.
Now THAT'S an idea, very similar to the NHL series having their prospect game before the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Why not both??? In fact why not have the senior bowl also and whatever other games like them. The spring game could be the final evaluation to see the ratings for real and the underarmor game could show potential ratings. Plus could you imagine playing a spring game and your star recruit gets injured and now you have to make coaching decisions to make sure your program stay afloat! that would make ncaa be more realistic and controlling the team like a head coach mean more. Think of the satisfaction you'll get when your qb gets hurt in the spring game for 5 weeks and ykur sophmore qb steps up goes 5-0 and your star qb gets healthy and now your stuck with the decision of do you go with the hot hand? Or put your proven player back in?!

This stuff is what the game is missing. Plus you can eventually render helmets to have shared team logos on it like they do at senior bowls and such. It would be a nive visual touch if possible.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

while some may deem it a needless frill i for one believe that the senior bowl, the east wast shrine game, the new nflpa bowl (for pro prospects), and the north florida vs south florida all stars games should all be added on the college to pro side of things. On the high school to college end of the spectrum the under armour all american game should be added, as well as the army all american game and maybe a few others b/c these various games add variety and depth to your dynasty and franchise modes in ncaa and madden, heck even make them a 5$ dlc i dont car. and btw get those darn pro combat unis in the game all ready i am getting tired of waiting
Old 01-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

The spring game, in past iterations of NCAA Football was used to get a glimpse of your upcoming team and some of the incoming freshman that would be on your team as well. It gave you an idea of what freshman to redshirt and which ones you could let play because they made plays in your spring game. After the spring game, you also got to pick your impact players. To some, it might be just a glorified practice mode. If it is, so be it. It'll add to the immersion and I'd have no problem having that in.

If I had to pick between spring game and HS All-American game, I'd probably choose the HS game. I don't see the problem with putting in both though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »