Home

Your thoughts on scholarship limit

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on scholarship limit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #17
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Your thoughts on scholarship limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Well based on their current commitment list Alabama has 27 commits this year, and they are not done recruiting. I've heard plenty on the "25 rule" via Paul Finebaum, etc., but I don't understand how hard 25 means you can have 27 verbal commits?

Back to the topic if they would just change roster size to at least 85 it would help with the problem. You would still have to cut if you had 25 recruits every year but your teams could actually develop depth and then make less recruits sign with teams that have more depth at their position.
Maybe there's a data issue that they avoid by setting the roster size to 70?

to the bolded part, they probably have the Big 10's rule, where you get 3 over the 25 and I think those 3 could count onto next year or something like that? The thing is, it's still not 85 over 4 years, which the Big 10 does have.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblespoon
"Program Integrity"

Schools like Michigan that have high integrity have everything you mentioned except it's the winningest program in NCAA history...
U just keep pushing Michigan huh? LOL

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #19
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Well based on their current commitment list Alabama has 27 commits this year, and they are not done recruiting. I've heard plenty on the "25 rule" via Paul Finebaum, etc., but I don't understand how hard 25 means you can have 27 verbal commits?

Back to the topic if they would just change roster size to at least 85 it would help with the problem. You would still have to cut if you had 25 recruits every year but your teams could actually develop depth and then make less recruits sign with teams that have more depth at their position.
I think 75 is enough. If the recruits became aware of signings at there position then I can see 80. It's just insane that 5 5* qbs sign with one school. That makes no sense. That fact would also make signing and developing 3* athletes more important. Get rid of the mascot game and honestly i would be a huge fan of making RTG FREE DLC. That way there is more disk space for other stuff that needs to be addressed mainly gameplay.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
U just keep pushing Michigan huh? LOL
half a national title since what, World War 2? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Get rid of the mascot game and honestly i would be a huge fan of making RTG FREE DLC. That way there is more disk space for other stuff that needs to be addressed mainly gameplay.
I play RTG but I can only stand it for one QB and one RB run. That's it. And I dont even have Madden 12, so the value is fleeting. Would not blink if I had to download it.....but no way they'd give it away for free....

Last edited by CuseGirl; 01-27-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #21
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl

I play RTG but I can only stand it for one QB and one RB run. That's it. And I dont even have Madden 12, so the value is fleeting. Would not blink if I had to download it.....but no way they'd give it away for free....
Deal. Charge $1 for it. When only 5 percent of the gamers purchase it, maybe we can finally eliminate the mode. (Same goes for Mascot Challenge.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
I mean with the purchase of the game, not free.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
If there was a tournament we'd have 20.

BTW how's Syracuse football going for you... I'm thinking of using them in an upcoming 2-Star dynasty

Old 01-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #24
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4

It would be nice if EA could manage to expand roster size to at least 75 or 80, if not 85. I hate having to cut 6-8 guys every offseason, and I feel it makes you sacrifice depth at positions like OL and DL in order to make it under the limit. I don't suppose splitting the game into 2 discs (like Battlefield 3), would help solve the problem? You could put Dynasty, OD and RTG on one disc, and Play Now and online modes on another.
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »