Home

Your thoughts on scholarship limit

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on scholarship limit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Your thoughts on scholarship limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
It would be nice if EA could manage to expand roster size to at least 75 or 80, if not 85. I hate having to cut 6-8 guys every offseason, and I feel it makes you sacrifice depth at positions like OL and DL in order to make it under the limit. I don't suppose splitting the game into 2 discs (like Battlefield 3), would help solve the problem? You could put Dynasty, OD and RTG on one disc, and Play Now and online modes on another.
you gotta remember the crowd that EA sports caters to. It's a "pop it in and run up the score" crowd. 2 discs would be like "wut bro? no way"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblespoon
If there was a tournament we'd have 20.
Yeah, ok, u keep believing that, hahahahahaha

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

They should make the scholarship limit 85....this and make it unlimited formation subs is the only features i care about in NCAA 13
Old 01-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #28
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysoldier_00
They should make the scholarship limit 85....this and make it unlimited formation subs is the only features i care about in NCAA 13
Not the only features but I think being able to make packages would solve a lot of problems.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Well based on their current commitment list Alabama has 27 commits this year, and they are not done recruiting. I've heard plenty on the "25 rule" via Paul Finebaum, etc., but I don't understand how hard 25 means you can have 27 verbal commits?

I do not know if this was included in the SEC rule or not, but I know in the Big Ten if you did not use your scholarships from the year prior and freshman early enrolls, those would not count toward your current years 25. The other thing to keep in mind, and again I do not know the particulars of the SEC rule, is when the rule takes affect?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #30
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
It would be nice if EA could manage to expand roster size to at least 75 or 80, if not 85. I hate having to cut 6-8 guys every offseason, and I feel it makes you sacrifice depth at positions like OL and DL in order to make it under the limit. I don't suppose splitting the game into 2 discs (like Battlefield 3), would help solve the problem? You could put Dynasty, OD and RTG on one disc, and Play Now and online modes on another.
I think most of us, at least myself, would still cut 6-8 guys per year. Roster limit wouldn't affect the number of my recruits. I do agree that it would be a nice addition when related to depth on the lines.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #31
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
I think most of us, at least myself, would still cut 6-8 guys per year. Roster limit wouldn't affect the number of my recruits. I do agree that it would be a nice addition when related to depth on the lines.
I don't! I maybe cut 2 ppl, and that's a BIG maybe. Most of the time I don't have to cut anyone.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

I over-recruit every year. Once I have the players I need and the players I want, then I go after the ones with Top 5 and Top 8 that are still hanging around just to keep other big programs from cherry picking them late. Also, if I have a need at a position that is weak during the season, I'll go after a JUCO player instead ,and then if I can replace him in the 5 weeks after the National Championship Game, I'll just cut him for a higher rated, younger player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »