Home

Team selection due to players playstyle. Help needed.

This is a discussion on Team selection due to players playstyle. Help needed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7
Team selection due to players playstyle. Help needed.

Alright fellow OS'ers, me and a few othher people are starting a late dynasty (since we all but gave up on the game bc of the problems but are to big of CFB fans to stick to such a ridiculous idea.) The other guys are having some trouble figuring out just who to be, so Im going to give you some info on them, their CPB, play styles, and leading canidates and listen to your feedback and hopefully go from there.

ME:
Basics: SPEED, quick speedy backs and recievers and a versitile TE.
Pass rushing OLBs, plugger NT and big physical ILBs. Fast and aggressive secondary.

Offensive playstyle: Run dominate spread option. Lots of motion and utilizes quick passes to speedy playmakers and work in space, ocassionally taking deep shots. Loves having a versitile slot reciever and a mis-match making TE.

Defensive playstyle: Hybrid 3-4 defense. I run a 3-4 as my base and mix in a touch of the 4-3 (completly different front 4) and I have a 5-2 in my CPB but I use it as a variant of the 3-4 with formation subs. Pretty conservative unless its 3rd and 10+ then I like to get in the Nickel and bring weakside/boundry pressure.

TOP TEAMS:
1. Florida
2. Oregon

John (Dad)
Basics: Traditional offense, but a fan of the option (his CPB has Ace, I-Form, Wishbone, Flexbone and Pistol-H sets.)
On defense he's pretty vanilla. Base 4-3, pass rushers up front with solid LB core. Secondary is usually his weak point.

Offensive Playstyle: Pro Option is what we'll call it. Heavy emphasis on the run, with some old school option mixed in. Big strong Wisconson-esqe runningbacks and a smart QB who is a decent athlete. Takes shots deep to big WR's on the outside.

Defensive playstyle: Zone 4-3 is the best way I know how to describe it. Like I said before, pretty vanilla. When he has the right front 4 hes damn good bc they can get pressure and youve got the rest in coverage. Always has good to great LBers but is kinda weak in the secondary.

TOP TEAMS
1. Penn State
2. Ohio State

Dave
Basics: Most aggressive playcaller of all of us. Likes a fast defense and always recruits a strong secondary and on offense uses a lot of two TE sets and generally has a workhorse RB.

Offensive playstyle: He has two CPBs (one is called Pro Spread using ACE, Pistol and Gun sets. The other is the Air Raid Spread, based around Shotgun and Pistol sets. Nothing undercenter.) because he cant really make up his mind. He generally uses alot of one back ACE sets mixed with some Pistol and Shotgun. He doesnt use much option unless its a read option and thats in very rare cases. For the most part hes consistant in mixing the run with the pass, but when he passes its usually deep and for a ton of yardage. He'll go through spells in playcalling for instance his HB broke the career rushing record but his QB has the single season and game passing yard and TD records...needless to say he can be sporadic.

Defensive playstyle: As I said before hes a very agressive playcaller and that doesnt just mean on offense. He uses a 4-2-5 as a base and like me, he blitzes from his Nickel package on 3rd and 10+. But unlike me he'll use alot more 0 blitzes and bring safties more than the rest of us like to, he's in the Nickel so much his CPB is actually called Nickel base and he consistantly snags the top secondary members each recruiting class.

TOP TEAMS
1. LSU
2. TCU

Brady
Basics: Pro style offense, pound you on the ground and short double route concepts. On defense usually runs a 4-3 and is a little more agressive with backer blitzes, the defense is usually a touch undersized but pretty fast as a whole.

Offensive playstyle: Typical pro-style guy. Likes TE's big OL and FB's, tall WR's and uses a few different HB's for whatever situation might come up. He runs a lot of Stong/ Weak-I and Ace sets with two TE's, doesnt spend to much time in the gun but when he is he usually has a split back set or a lead blocker in the backfield.

Defensive playstyle: Base 4-3, but will use some 3-4 (usually bringing in a pass rushing DE/OLB types to edge rush). His defenses are usually small-ish but have good pursuit and great tacklers. The DT's are normally bigger but the ends and backers are undersized and fast. His secondary has great man cover skills allowing him to bring pressure with the backers from time to time.

TOP TEAMS
1. Florida State
2. Oklahoma
3. USC

After reading each guys playstyle and the way they recruit and build their program,w what schools do you think of? Are they any different from each persons top teams, or if the match is already up for consideration who is it?

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »