Home

PS3 Dynasty

This is a discussion on PS3 Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS3 Dynasty

Looking for 1-3 people for a fast paced dynasty. New conference structure (top & bottom feeders), challenging sim AA sliders, any team can be used. We're currently in week 10 of our 6th season. Looking for people now so you can get a rough look on how your team is before the off season and get caught up with rules and pace of the dynasty. Rules & Regulations are posted in the dynasty page. If there's any problems you can message me via PS3.

Dynasty Name: TrueDetermination
Gamertag: TheFranchize07
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PS3 Dynasty

Sorry, so I just realized that when I tried to paste everything into the OD as a story, it didn't format. I'll post the rules here..

DYNASTY RULES:

A shortened version of these rules will be posted in the OD at the beginning of every season. If you want to change a rule, simply talk to me about it with your reasoning. I'm pretty flexible and am always looking for a better experience. As a side note, better to me isn't always winning.

SCHOLARSHIP PENALTIES:
This is what will be used as punishment for breaking any rules. As a coach you must decide if a decision is worth doing for a certain price. This system will help keep the game strategic. Building teams will have a fair chance and juggernauts will be tested. At the start of every season or if you are coming close to the penalty maximum, you will be reminded how many scholarship penalties you have. For every penalty you have, you will be subtracted 1 less scholarship for next season’s recruiting. Recruiting evaluations will take place after conference championship week in order to eliminate any confusion with walk ons. If you ever exceed 15 Scholarship penalties you will have a simple choice. Either rejoin the dynasty as a team with a maximum prestige of 2 stars or quit.

RESTARTING GAMES: You are given 2 restart per year.
(1) Technical Restart – This is used for any type game freezing or malfunction. To use this restart you must provide proof of the game freezing.
(1) Mulligan Restart – Named after the mulligan rules. For this restart, no questions are asked. If you fail to provide proof for a technical restart and claim you have had a frozen game, your Mulligan restart will be used in its place, if available.

If you restart again without any restarts left, you have 3 choices.

Choice 1: The game you restarted AND the next game you have where your opponent is physically better than you will be simmed. If you win both, you are a lucky person.

Choice 2: The game you restarted will be the only game simmed at the price of forfeiting 1 scholarship for the next season.

Choice 3: Your easiest game remaining on your schedule will be simmed, and you can replay your restarted game at the price of 5 scholarships for next season. This is NOT applicable for conference championships or bowls. This option can only be used ONCE per year.

These rules for restarting are more than enough to satisfy any situation.

SWITCHING TEAMS: If you want to switch teams and not go through coaching carousel, the team that you want to switch to must be at least 1 star lesser than the team you are currently on, and you must have 0 scholarship penalties with your current team. You must ask about switching teams before the next coaching carousel week begins.

COACH SECURITY: If your Coach Security is at or below 30%, I will randomly make your schedule next year and it will be lower than a B. If you get fired from your team, I will override it and put you back on your team IF REQUESTED. The penalty for this will be that your team will be ASSIGNED a conference the following year and will stay in that conference until you have an above .500 season. You will then go through regular conference protocol unless you request a conference change, which will then be reviewed.

PLAYER EDITING: You ARE NOT allowed to edit you player’s size, height, or weight. If you are caught editing one of these things, your games will CONTINUE to be simmed without notice until you fix you player(s) back to default.
You ARE allowed to edit player names, skin color, and equipment. If you edit a player name, NOTIFY THE COMMISIONER. I have a good memory when it comes to recruiting classes, as I am very passionate when it comes to getting to know recruits.

TEAM PRESTIGE:
Teams can be anywhere from 1-6 Stars. User teams that are above 3 Stars will need to meet a requirement for schedule toughness. 4 Stars has to be at least B+ and schedule 1 Top 20 Team, 5 Stars has to be at least A and schedule 2 Top 15 Teams, and 6 Stars has to be A+ and schedule 1 Top 8 Team and 1 Top 15 Team. If you can’t meet these requirements due to conference games you will still be penalized. For every grade lower (ex. - A+ to A) your schedule is, you will be penalized 3 scholarships for next season. This is to encourage you to switch conferences and keep the game competitive.

RECRUITING: This is also affected by team prestige. 4 Star teams have a limit of 4 Five Star players. 5 Star teams have a limit of 3 Five Star players and 10 4 Star players. 6 Star teams have a limit of 2 Five Star players and 8 Four Star players. If you exceed the number of recruits, you will be asked to cut however many you go over by and will be penalized 1 scholarship for each player. It is your choice who you cut to meet the requirement. If you don’t cut down to the limit you will be penalized as follows – for every extra 5 star player you lose 3 Scholarships for the next season. For every extra 4 star player you lose 2 Scholarships.

USER GAMES & SCHEDULING: All teams can be requested for scheduling. They are not mandatory but will try to schedule upon request. Commissioner may schedule user games that are not requested. If you request to play a team that is Top 25 and ranked above you outside of your conference, you will be set to play them as an away game.

WEEK ADVANCEMENT:
This dynasty is designed to move fast with occasional bumps in the road. Advancement will be anywhere from 2 days to 1 week. I run this dynasty and my roommate helps when needed. We are college students who have been consistent with this pace of playing for many seasons now and only slow down due to school work. If you would like to play faster or slower, just simply contact me.

GAMEPLAY ABUSE:
This dynasty is not about controlling what you can and can't do to make a real sim because in a real sim, coaches make decisions and are not limited by anyone. They just suffer the consequences AFTER the game or season (fired, warning, etc.) Therefore, we're very lenient on this subject.

The way every player should approach this is if you have a ridiculous game with a player with unbelievable stats that you KNOW will be questioned, upload videos or photos to cover yourself. If you are playing a USER vs USER game, it is the victim who will need to provide proof that the other user was playing cheap. User vs user games receive less mercy simply because a User has a brain. To be clear, the only real way someone can cheat [that comes to mind] is AI being taken advantage of in a user vs user game. Throwing screens down the field on another user is NOT cheating. It's abusing screens and the other victim user is held accountable for not being able to stop it as the coach of his or her defense.
If anyone has a problem with another user’s stats or even my own stats, the matter will be taken up with all people in the dynasty. I will present the evidence as the evidence was presented to me and all dynasty members will vote guilty or innocent by privately messaging me. If guilty, I will post a story describing the situation and declare a punishment based on the severity. This punishment can range from benching the accused player(s) involved to scholarship penalty to simming a number of a user’s games. I will try my best not to ever kick a user from the OD for controversial issues such as this without clear evidence.

SLIDERS
: This is a sim league, meaning no victory is promised, but earned. If you have an issue or idea to improve the sliders, you can let me know, but be prepared to make a very sound argument because we have been playing for many seasons now and feel that these sliders give the most realistic results for our skill level.

--------

CONFERENCE SYSTEM

Four conferences will be paired with up to 2 conferences to make a parent child relationship. The feeder concept is simple, but with a few twists. Teams will end up where they belong because of their present skill, not highly touted past. At this point the conferences have no geographical relation. It's made so any team can end up in any conference for unlimited possibilities

DETAILS:

ACC will be the parent conference for the WAC and Big East
Pac 12 will be the parent conference for the MAC and MWC
Big 12 will be the parent conference for the C-USA and Sun Belt
SEC will be the parent conference for the Big 10

The bowl games will be set so that the winner of the WAC plays the winner of the Big East, winner of the MAC plays winner of the MWC, and winner of the C-USA plays winner of the Sun Belt. Whoever is the winner of these bowl games will advance to the parent conference. The winner of the Pac-12 will automatically be advanced to the SEC. The team that does the worst in conference play in the parent conference will replace the spot taken in the child conference that had the champion who will be advancing to the parent conference.

Independent spot will be for the team that does the absolute worst in conference and overall play. The independent that does the best will switch spots with the worst team in their conference and the worst team will become an independent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »