Home

Utilizing a Fullback

This is a discussion on Utilizing a Fullback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
I forget which exact formation I use, I know there's three. It's got three hb motion plays. I like all three of those pass plays, as well as pretty much every run play out of it. The power, sweep and draws. I don't remember of its got an option as I don't run them much.

It's probably third or fourth on formations I run but I like it for situations that call for run or pass. I never use it on obvious run or pass downs as its not particularly strong in either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #26
Rookie

llJAEll's Arena

Re: Utilizing a Fullback

Ace bunch base has some nice plays for your FB. Gets him into the passing game, and he will be there for blocking purposes when attempting to run. Options are also really nice out of I form
Old 01-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #27
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
I forget which exact formation I use, I know there's three. It's got three hb motion plays. I like all three of those pass plays, as well as pretty much every run play out of it. The power, sweep and draws. I don't remember of its got an option as I don't run them much.

It's probably third or fourth on formations I run but I like it for situations that call for run or pass. I never use it on obvious run or pass downs as its not particularly strong in either
Is it Split Offset where the back goes in motion behind the QB and FB and then there is a FB Dive and FB Screen plus a swing pass to the motion man?

Or Split Close when has the HB automotion out of the backfield and then run like an out route, a follow route and something else? I love both of those formations but I always seem to look over them when I call my offense. Maybe as I redo my spread option I'll reconsider adding multiple split formations for this year to use my FB.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #28
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymndheartkilla
There are a few split formations out of shotgun that are pretty killer. Fb/HB powers, draws, a RIDICULOUS HB counter that might use that blocking, as well as some motion plays that utilize the HB out in the slot.

I love these formations as I've got an extreme talent at FB as well. Top ten in nation for pancakes with no sacks allowed. Catches runs and blocks. You should try it out

i STILL WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO HOW OR WHAT SLIDERS DO U HAVE TO SEE PANCAKES..
Old 01-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Is it Split Offset where the back goes in motion behind the QB and FB and then there is a FB Dive and FB Screen plus a swing pass to the motion
Yes, that would be the one.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #30
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Yes, that would be the one.
I like that series, it would fit what I'm doing perfectly with the FB I have this year.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Alright guys, this is what I ended up with in my Chip Kelly Oregon-style spread option attack but with a fullback. It is the same offense I run at Oregon, except finally put into a custom playbook, before I just used Oregon's base playbook. It is literally Oregon's offense as they run it, although I was forced to leave some common Oregon formations out for a few reasons: 1) Because they don't exist in the game (Oregon's TE ineligible quads formation), 2) They exist in the game but the plays don't or 3) The formations would have been out of order in my custom book, tripping my major OCD when it comes to formation ordering (Ace/Ace Twins).

Here are the formations, in order, with the number of plays in each. 255 plays total with goal line.

Shotgun

Normal (12)
Normal HB Wk (15)
Y Trips (12)
Y Trips HB Wk (21)
Wing Trips HB Wk (12)
Trio HB Wk (12)
Trips (15)
Spread Flex (18)
4WR Trio Str (12)
4WR Trio (12)
Wing Offset (12)
Wing Offset Wk (9)
Split Offset (12)
Split Slot (9)

Pistol

Train (9)
H Twins (9)
Strong (12)
Full House (8)
Ace (9)
Spread (15)

The Pistol sets are not true to Oregon. They do run some pistol alignments with their tailback, but rarely. But since I have a great FB I wanted to use and maybe of the alignments are true to Oregon, I installed those sets to replicate that. Full House only has 8 plays because I removed the PA Boot, which gives me the PA to the FB as my quick audible.

I am hoping to drop this down to 200 plays. There is a lot of redundancy and some extra drop back passing plays that I may not use, so we'll see what happens. I'm thinking of pulling Pistol Ace and 9 plays from Pistol Spread right off the bat and most of the gun formations have 3 plays they can spare.

In terms of plays, the entire run game is Counter/Sweep or Buck Sweep in the formations it is in/Read, it is HB-centric, no QB runs unless I absolutely have to. Then I run a few special things off that, triple option, motion option, slot option, all set up by the base run game. Main passing attack is PA Read, although I'll use a lot of hot routes and quick drop backs like Curls and Z Spot.

Now I'm not fully sure how to work my FB into this. In the Pistol it is easy, he'll be the up back. In the non-offset gun formations, he'll probably just be the change of pace back. In the wing formations, he'll either be the wing blocker OR the dive back depending on the situation. In the offset shotgun, he'll be the dive back while my HB is the motion back.

If anyone has any other ideas to use the FB in this offense, let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #32
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
i STILL WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO HOW OR WHAT SLIDERS DO U HAVE TO SEE PANCAKES..
Haha sorry I didn't see the previous request. I'll try to get them for you. My fb and te's get the most. Lineman usually don't get more than 5 to 8 a year. Still quite low

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »