Home

NCAA Football 13 news

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 news within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #65
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 13 news

There's more positions than QB and more issues than passer variety.

It would help, but it would annoy me if issues persist and they waste their time with release points and a few graphical annoyances. It needs to get fixed but EA has a severe case of tunnel vision and a general lack of ability when it comes to multitasking. (Few new features, breaking old with the new).

I'll just pray that 13 doesn't repeat history and won't be a buggy mess for the first three months and still have big issues at the end of the cycle.

The next-gen has been awful for football gaming, for the biggest American sport, it's just appalling. I have extremely high expectations for this series and hopefully '13 pulls in features from all other EA titles (Physics engine, more commentary / multiple commentary, variety, customization) and gets football on the right track again.

I had a hard time not putting a preorder in on this game, but until I hear whats fixed / added / changed, Tiburon has a lot of ground to make up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #66
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I came into this thread expecting news about NCAA Football 13. Turns out it's just another wish list in disguise.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

garbage.

I'm sure the next hype about the new mascots running onto the field or whatever is soon on it's way...
Old 03-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just wasted my time going through reading about debate of real vs fake announcers, why people hate Craig James, and no news of NCAA 13. There's no news other than the cover athlete here and I imagine nothing will come soon.

You don't have to worry about Craig James being on the game, he left broadcasting to pursue politics

Since this is currently a wish list rather than talking about news on the game, I have been pushing for the option to schedule neutral site games to return like you could on PS1 and a playoff option would be nice again
Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #69
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

now if ncaa13 and madden combined their player model and stadium model graphics an licensing with backbreakers tackling physics with NBA2k12's presentation style and gameplay we'd all have one hell of a football game
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #70
Rookie

Austin Hawk's Arena

OVR: 1
I don't know why so many people want to blame Nessler and Herbstreit for the poor commentary. The problem isn't them, it's the programmers who haven't figured out how to best utilize their talents. Keep Nessler and Herbstreit, but just add more variety of lines and more game and team specific commentary. Then improve programming so that the commentary actually flows and sounds natural.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #71
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Hawk
I don't know why so many people want to blame Nessler and Herbstreit for the poor commentary. The problem isn't them, it's the programmers who haven't figured out how to best utilize their talents. Keep Nessler and Herbstreit, but just add more variety of lines and more game and team specific commentary. Then improve programming so that the commentary actually flows and sounds natural.
Don't you think if they could do that, they would have by now? The reason commentary hasn't improved in half a decade is because these guys work for a living, they have other commitments and so in the limited time they have, there is only so much you can do. That is why we don't have game/team specific commentary outside of some stale Championship/Bowl/Rivalry commentary, these guys simply can't go through 120 teams and provide custom commentary.

That said, they could do better. Look at the announcing in The Show the last few years, it is incredibly in depth and just real sounding, not just for the MLB teams but all the minor league teams. A non-sports example would be in Battlefield 3. The dialogue inside Battlefield 3 is incredibly real. Just sit there spotting targets for 5 minutes and you'll hear dozens of different lines and never a repeat, with pauses like "uh" and "yeah". It doesn't sound scripted. Obviously that is a lot different than commentating on a football game, but the idea remains. Just make it more natural.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #72
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Does brad nessler still even commentate college football games?

@powerofred25 I like what u said last post but I would take voice actors because they have more time on their hands and they bring emotion and pagentry 2 the game

REAL commentators work alot and dont have time 2 bring the emotion and pagentry like voice actors could and ppl say it would take away from the realism of the game ..... not exactly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »