Home

The worst Recruiting problem.

This is a discussion on The worst Recruiting problem. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Michigan signed four 5* running backs one year in my dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Michigan signed four 5* running backs one year in my dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That should NEVER happen!!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The worst Recruiting problem.

That's what I'm annoyed about.
I don't get how you can build a small program up to being a powerhouse when the top schools get all the top kids just because they have a need.

Here is the thing that's bothering me, Oregon has been bad in my game the last 4 years, and these kids ARE in my pipeline states. Just because Oregon and LSU need centers and Tackles doesn't mean they should get them all. I've had the same problem with TCU getting the top 3 DTs I've targeted, and Notre Dame getting the top receivers I've targeted.

These are kids in MY pipeline, that happen to be in their pipelines too. I don't get how I can't get at least 1 of the top 3 kids at any 1 position I target.

LSU hasn't been bad, but my school has one 3 National Championships in a row.
and I'm currently undefeated and ranked 5th (even though I've beaten 3 top 10 ranked schools - Alabama, TCU, FSU, (two on the road)) and none of the other top 4 have beaten anyone in the top 10. They don't have more then 1 win appease against top 20 teams.

I just don't get how this stuff isn't fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
If you ever have a year where you REALLY want a good player at a certain position, get to your pre-season screen, save, then click on recruiting, it'll ask if you want to make a prospect, create him, make him from your school's state and almost 99% of the time, that prospect is interested in your school (if ur a 5 or 6 star). And make sure he's at the top of ur list and just pound him with pitches, u'll get him.
I tried this a couple times. The first time, in my very first season, I made a couple of QBs, a Senior and a Freshman. They were both ranked in the top 10, and I got them both even though I was rebuilding KU, who was horrible. I lost in the National Title game the first year to Alabama, and haven't lost since. The Freshman kid is now a Junior, and was sure to win the heisman and go pro, but with 10 weeks to play he broke a collarbone and is out 11 weeks. So I don't know if I'll have him next year or not. I'm enjoying playing with my backup QB more since he's not nearly as good.

However, the second season I tried creating a stud DT. He was a beast, with like a 98 rating as a Freshman! Problem was I couldn't get him, and he went to OU, so now I have to play him once or twice every year. - ha.

Anyway, I decided it seemed like cheating, so I haven't created recruits since, and only play with the talent I can recruit from around the country.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

This problem is a result of how the CPU recruits for positions of need. I took over GA 4-5 games into a season in an OD and they already had 6 G's committed (4 3*, 2 4*). I have seen this before when I took over another school halfway through a season. If the CPU needs a specific position they recruit a ton of them. In a different dynasty last season, Alabama needed WR's and signed 5 5* and 1 4* WR because that was a need for them.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

oh yea, there's horrible logic problems with Dynasty, things that didn't even happen in last-gen. Amazing how they just LOSE roster/depth chart management from console to console.....

Right now, I'm head coach at Ohio State, won the the conference 3 years running, and in all those years Michigan has been at least a 5 loss team. Yet they still maintain A+ facilities, A in championship contender, A in fan base? And somehow my TV exposure has dropped to B+? Pure nonsense. I've trounced Michigan 3 years in a row (in year TWICE because we met in the conf title game, by a combined score of 82 to 19!). But their pitches dont decrease.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »