Home

Athlete all Ds

This is a discussion on Athlete all Ds within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Athlete all Ds

They just need to do a better job giving athletes better secondary position ratings, based on height and weight.

For instance, a 6'3" 240 lb ATH could be a DE or TE, not a HB.

A 6'3" 220 lb ATH could be a QB or LB.

If they're worried about throwing off the positional speed scale (like having a bunch of 95 speed LBs or DEs), then just make athletes be able to play two like-positions, ex-

HB/LB or HB/DB depending on height/weight

WR/DB

QB/DB

TE/DE
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
NO! Attributes shouldn't mysteriously drop just because of a position change. Players change positions all the time especially athletes! They go back and forth. If they have those skills they have those skills. The only thing that should start low is AWR. 205 lbs athlete's attributes should not equal DE and if it does weight should have to be gained at some pace to make the a viable option at that position.
I would have an issue with the weight thing but it a linemans attributes are good it doesn't affect their play fortunately. They play same if they are 180 or 300 with the same attributes is what has been posted here before.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
That doesn't mean they shouldn't change it though I shouldve written as well. We have guys in our league converting 190 speedy safeties in MLBs and manually wreaking havoc on other peoples offensive lines. Not very realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
NO! Attributes shouldn't mysteriously drop just because of a position change. Players change positions all the time especially athletes! They go back and forth. If they have those skills they have those skills. The only thing that should start low is AWR. 205 lbs athlete's attributes should not equal DE and if it does weight should have to be gained at some pace to make the a viable option at that position.
well dude, you can't leave all the abilities the same when u choose their position. eventually, they have to LEARN a primary position. if not, the player is overpowered, seemingly capable of being a good RB and LB or a great DE and great safety. We kno that's wrong.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
well dude, you can't leave all the abilities the same when u choose their position. eventually, they have to LEARN a primary position. if not, the player is overpowered, seemingly capable of being a good RB and LB or a great DE and great safety. We kno that's wrong.
Not if WEIGHT mattered. There are ppl who have the physical skills to play all those positions but without WEIGHT and strength they would just get blown off the ball.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarato
That doesn't mean they shouldn't change it though I shouldve written as well. We have guys in our league converting 190 speedy safeties in MLBs and manually wreaking havoc on other peoples offensive lines. Not very realistic.
The problem is WEIGHT not mattering. 190 LBs should be BLOWN off the ball by a C but in this game they are not. Fix that and I think u fix alot of problems.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Not if WEIGHT mattered. There are ppl who have the physical skills to play all those positions but without WEIGHT and strength they would just get blown off the ball.
then ur gonna have people be mad cuz they can't create Cam Newton or Adrian Peterson prospects.....I wish it did matter, but we're asking for alot....i wonder if it could work with like a multiplier. like if u have A spd but ur 240, that means your one of the faster guys in the 240 to 270 range or something like that. So there's a multiplier of 90 percent of what A speed really is.....I kno that sounds overly simple but you get what I mean.

I mean, weight-wise, all the players from the crappy ones to the greats are within 170 pounds to 350 (usually). So the multiplier can decrease incrementally (or if it's strength increase) as the weight goes up....

Last edited by CuseGirl; 02-04-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
then ur gonna have people be mad cuz they can't create Cam Newton or Adrian Peterson prospects.....I wish it did matter, but we're asking for alot....i wonder if it could work with like a multiplier. like if u have A spd but ur 240, that means your one of the faster guys in the 240 to 270 range or something like that. So there's a multiplier of 90 percent of what A speed really is.....I kno that sounds overly simple but you get what I mean.

I mean, weight-wise, all the players from the crappy ones to the greats are within 170 pounds to 350 (usually). So the multiplier can decrease incrementally (or if it's strength increase) as the weight goes up....
No! Spd is spd!! If you weigh 270 and you have 94 spd that's just what it is. I hate that ppl are saying ppl that weigh this much can't be this fast. Vernon Davis ran a sub 4.4 40. So to limit ppl based on weight is not right. As far a weight goes it should be a factor in like weight + 2(strength). E.g. 270 + 2(90)=450. Then they some how need to factor in momentum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »