Home

Athlete all Ds

This is a discussion on Athlete all Ds within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Athlete all Ds

I've seen a couple of these before and rated as high as 4 star prospects , but what the heck position do these guys project to as athletes with all Ds for their ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Athlete all Ds

They are kickers/punters.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

mine was like an 82 Fullback
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2

If every visible attribute other than stamina is a D then it is a kicker or punter. If it is a fullback it will have speed and blocking abilities at least.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Just another reason why the recruits need MAJOR overhauling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Athletes in this game aren't really athletes. They're just mystery recruits. Most of the athlete I have come in contact with are only good at one position.

If I recall, past versions of the game had true athletes: guys who could excel at more than one position. They need to get back to having these kinds of athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

I think they nerfed athlete's abilities because in the old game, alot of the athletes came in at 205 pounds but they were Dwight Freeney type defensive ends. What they should do is make athletes with a bevy of talents, but once you select their position, the least important talents are downgraded by 5 or 6 points. So if you get a guy with alot of speed, agility, strength, decent hands, but decent ability to tackle. And you choose safety, maybe his strength is taken down and his hands are taken down just a little (since most safeties aren't as good catching as receivers). Something like that.....
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I think they nerfed athlete's abilities because in the old game, alot of the athletes came in at 205 pounds but they were Dwight Freeney type defensive ends. What they should do is make athletes with a bevy of talents, but once you select their position, the least important talents are downgraded by 5 or 6 points. So if you get a guy with alot of speed, agility, strength, decent hands, but decent ability to tackle. And you choose safety, maybe his strength is taken down and his hands are taken down just a little (since most safeties aren't as good catching as receivers). Something like that.....
NO! Attributes shouldn't mysteriously drop just because of a position change. Players change positions all the time especially athletes! They go back and forth. If they have those skills they have those skills. The only thing that should start low is AWR. 205 lbs athlete's attributes should not equal DE and if it does weight should have to be gained at some pace to make the a viable option at that position.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »