Home

Oversigning Foul Up

This is a discussion on Oversigning Foul Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Oversigning Foul Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHavenBlazer
This is true. If you don't fill your allotted 25, the comp will sign guys to fill it. I think its stupid. I'm on top of my roster in all my dynasties and keep up with the number of players i have so when it gets to cut players, i'll be around 71-73 instead of upper 70's
Just turn off your Coach Assists and you won't have this problem.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 02-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Yea, that's an easy fix. I manage my recruiting list in such a way that it's nearly impossible for me to over-sign. Plus I red-shirt so often that I hardly ever need to do a ton of recruiting. That is a bit dissappointing because it is a hugely fun aspect of the game, but I like to build up my team.

I tend to get my roster a bit under the required number to get some nice transfers as well.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

I have all recruiting assistance turned off. It even helped me greatly once before when I got a commitment from a 5 star WR that I had offered and ended up dropping because I was so far behind. Imagine my surprise after week 5 of off season recruiting when he commited. I had forgotten about him completely as he hadn't been on my board since maybe week 7 of the regular season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #12
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Just turn off your Coach Assists and you won't have this problem.
it doesn't work
Old 02-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #13
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
I did the same thing at tOSU. I pulled in a ton of 3* guys during the season because they added depth and were easy to land, but I failed to think of who might be interested in coming to Columbus in the offseason. I used all my scholarships. I didn't even look at any recruiting in offseason because I didn't want to see what I was missing out on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by bgeno; 02-05-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblespoon
Have any of you ever done this...

I was in the offseason and had new recruits pop up so I added them to the board. A new 5* HB was interested in me so I offered him and recruited him.

I became his #1 overall school I could have had him.

BUT... Some 3* I had on my board committed giving me 25 and I couldn't sign the kid. He ended up signing in my conference.

I feel like an idiot.

Anybody else ever do this or are you pretty on top of your limits?
I've had this happen a few times. I try not to offer 3* recruits a scholarship unless they are a position of need. If I don't need the position I try to wait until week 5 of the offseason recruiting and only if I need to. If it is during the season I will offer them a scholarship around week 8 if I really want them (they have A's for speed and accel or Bs for strength as an oline or dline prospect).

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »