Home

Press Coverage?

This is a discussion on Press Coverage? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Press Coverage?

How do you beat press coverage?

The only time I'm successful beating press coverage is when I'm running streak routes and my receiver completely burns the DB that's trying to jam him. And i try not to run streak routes every play...

I would think that the slugo (slant and go), post corner, stop-n-go or any route with a double move would work but no... the only double move route that works is the slant shake route over the middle but once again i cant run that every play against constant press covg.

i need some advice like what routes to use, audibles? motioning? how do you guys that beat it do it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

Re: Press Coverage?

receiver + release = profit
Old 02-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt l o l
receiver + release = profit
Second that. Must, have, release.

OR use motion plays.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Press Coverage?

As others said, recruit guys with high release rating. That is the first thing I look for in a receiver. A B speed receiver with a great release rating will be faster down the field than an A- speed receiver with a poor release rating.

If you don't have that right now, do a couple things. Mix up who is on and off the line of scrimmage. If your outside receivers can't release, use formations like Double Flex where the outside WR's are off the line of scrimmage, that will help you a little. Run some WR Mid Screens and use automotion plays as well, that should solve all of your problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »