Home

Get rid of the Right Tumbstick!!!

This is a discussion on Get rid of the Right Tumbstick!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

OVR: 0
Get rid of the Right Thumbstick!!!

This may have already been discussed in another thread, but truly, what is the point of having a juke/truck stick if it's randomly activated. What I mean is this...

Every time I'm in the open field with a back or a receiver against a linebacker or defensive back, 9 times out of 10 the juke/truck stick DOES NOT work as opposed to it supposed to "work" at least 7 times out of 10. I know tackling is also about angles, but I'd say more often than not the defense is in bad positioning, but they are somehow able to stop my incredibly elusive back or my amazingly strong power back. I've tried pulling it at the last second, pulling it quick, or pulling somewhere in the middle and I can never know if I'm actually gonna break the tackle, until I actually break it. Is there a way with sliders or whatever to make it more effective.

Although I average between 125-140 rushing yards a game, there's almost no big plays over 25 yards.

Last edited by dray8theman; 02-13-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Get rid of the Right Tumbstick!!!

That would be frustrating, playing with a tumbstick.

Especially when everyone else has a thumbstick. It's not fair.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

now now, play nice....

to OP: the game wouldn't be much fun if you always knew when you were gonna break a tackle, you kno? It's based on ratings and timing, which is how it should be. And you have to choose the right thumbstick motion. Don't use jukes when you're running with a big back with a crappy juke rating. You gotta spin move? Use it, maybe use the circle button instead.

The right stick isn't randomly activated but there is some sort of math involved that makes a ballcarrier break tackles even when you don't choose to use a certain move. Maybe if the computer determines a player is moving at a certain speed toward a defender with a low enuff tackle rating (which is also tempered by the sliders), you get the "random" broken tackles.

The stick works fine, to be honest. But if it bothers you, don't use it, use the stiff arms and spin moves.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

The sticks actually don't work. The only RB special move that works is the spin on the face buttons. The defense mirrors the ball carriers movements and negates whatyou do on the sticks. Besides that, all backs play the same and will have the same break tackle animations in NCAA 12. Doesn't matter their STR/BTK/JKM/SPN
Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
The sticks actually don't work. The only RB special move that works is the spin on the face buttons. The defense mirrors the ball carriers movements and negates whatyou do on the sticks. Besides that, all backs play the same and will have the same break tackle animations in NCAA 12. Doesn't matter their STR/BTK/JKM/SPN
This isn't totally accurate. I would say they work, but are not as effective as they should be. Currently, their effectiveness is timing based, rather than ratings based, and the user timing has to be pretty precise for the special moves to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

Lol, that's hilarious. My bad people.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

Re: Get rid of the Right Thumbstick!!!

So I'm not wrong when I say the sticks could be better. Now every other game I'll break a 80 yard play and I'm starting to get the timing a little better, but in the last gen, when I was running with Reggie Bush and was in the open field I knew it was 6 and that's how it should be with elite speed backs. So to answer your question, yes, it is and was fun knowing I could and would break the tackles I'm supposed to. It definitely needs fixing for '13 imho.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Some of you, like the OP, must have broken your right thumbstick from throwing the controller. Mine works as it should, and I rather prefer it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »