Home

What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ?

This is a discussion on What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ?

I traded a NCAA game during the season for the first time ever.

I've finally accepted that this game won't resemble the type of football I want to play until at least next gen. There are just way too many issues that I realistically have to accept that won't get touched.

I've been optimistic about them improving the game for years. I've finally given up.

The nail was really when I was watching a college football game and saw a RB make a nice cut to pick up 4 yards before being tripped by his ankles and then dragged down by several defenders. A 4 yard run with a cut and momentum knocking him forward forced me to give up. Just a simple play like that is unachievable in NCAA 12. I sighed to myself, saying "this game cant even achieve the realism of a simple 4 yard run."

Add on top terrible physics. Size doesnt matter. Ratings doesnt matter. Recruiting is boring. The type of system you run isn't dependent on player types. Big backs and small backs, same difference. 3-4 ends and 4-3 ends, same difference. Freezing. Glitches. Computer knows your plays. Terrible interaction between lineman and receivers/corners. Eyes in the back of head. Lackluster use of ESPN liscence and graphics. Horrible commentary. Half of the offensive playbook doesn't work. No stat overlays. Bare basic coaching carousel.

Hopefully by PS4 and Xbox720, EA will be pumping out games that look, play, and sound like a football game.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 02-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I traded a NCAA game during the season for the first time ever.

I've finally accepted that this game won't resemble the type of football I want to play until at least next gen. There are just way too many issues that I realistically have to accept that won't get touched.

I've been optimistic about them improving the game for years. I've finally given up.

The nail was really when I was watching a college football game and saw a RB make a nice cut to pick up 4 yards before being tripped by his ankles and then dragged down by several defenders. A 4 yard run with a cut and momentum knocking him forward forced me to give up. Just a simple play like that is unachievable in NCAA 12. I sighed to myself, saying "this game cant even achieve the realism of a simple 4 yard run."

Add on top terrible physics. Size doesnt matter. Ratings doesnt matter. Recruiting is boring. The type of system you run isn't dependent on player types. Big backs and small backs, same difference. 3-4 ends and 4-3 ends, same difference. Freezing. Glitches. Computer knows your plays. Terrible interaction between lineman and receivers/corners. Eyes in the back of head. Lackluster use of ESPN liscence and graphics. Horrible commentary. Half of the offensive playbook doesn't work. No stat overlays. Bare basic coaching carousel.

Hopefully by PS4 and Xbox720, EA will be pumping out games that look, play, and sound like a football game.
what is crazy about your response is its all 100% true! and most of the problems from above have been know about for years. i wish I could dump it like you but as I only play ncaa football this is my only choice. I am sure they will give us the same song and dance that everything is fixed. game will come out with immediate problems. tuners will be attempted and only cause more problems. etc
Old 02-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #27
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Based on the past releases and the things they have said they want to work on, I assume it will be released with the following listing as features:
-------------------------------------------
1- New interaction system! Your players will interact with each other like never before, making you forget you are only playing a game!
2- Realistic game day experience! Feel the crowds, watch the traditions and see in depth season analysis from the ESPN crew!
3- Revamped defense! Do you build a stifling defense to choke your opposition or find creative ways to put points on the board? The choice is yours!
4- New {something}! This brand new creative feature now allows you to {do something} like never before!

Which will correspond to the following actual features:
-------------------------------------------
1- Added 5-6 more animations, only 1 or 2 of which you will ever notice. One of which will probably get old pretty quick (think DL constantly being knocked down or swim moves)
2- Remake team entrances for 3rd or 4th straight year. Might add a few new ones. Add in 3-4 more Herbstreit commentary lines, will be noticeable as audio quality will be way different than old stuff just like the most recent batch of additions
3- Add 20 new offensive plays (5 of which work) and 5 new defensive plays (2 that don't have major defensive gaps). Hopefully rework man coverage too like people have been saying
4- PS2 feature brought back. They'll probably remove something too though, Erin Andrews half time comments? Those generally got positive reviews so they know people will be excited when they bring them back in a few years.

Last edited by aerovt; 02-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #28
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuurph84
what is crazy about your response is its all 100% true! and most of the problems from above have been know about for years. i wish I could dump it like you but as I only play ncaa football this is my only choice. I am sure they will give us the same song and dance that everything is fixed. game will come out with immediate problems. tuners will be attempted and only cause more problems. etc
I was actually surprised I was able to give it up so easily. I used to play this game non stop back on the PS2, but I'd finally had it after NCAA 11. I plan on skipping this game every year until a) some drastic changes are made to the game (I'm thinking real-time physics, totally new footplanting and player movement engine drastic) or b) the new generation of consoles come out.

I found a used copy of All-Pro Football for $5 and created as much of the OSU roster as I could. So I have something to give me my football fix until EA gets things figured out. I'm still hopeful they will, just don't know when that might be.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #29
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

i think theyll revolutionize the presentation this year. i really do
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

The game will keep disappointing until the new next gen systems come out, then they will start all over again back to square one like they did with the current gen, and slowly will add the old features back each year but will call then different names like they keep doing. People will still buy the game, and it will always be average at best until there can be some competition.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
The game will keep disappointing until the new next gen systems come out, then they will start all over again back to square one like they did with the current gen, and slowly will add the old features back each year but will call then different names like they keep doing. People will still buy the game, and it will always be average at best until there can be some competition.
I expect big things for next generation. EA has learned a lot from this current one about how to set a good foundation for games to be built off of. Madden 06, NBA Live 06, NCAA Football 07, NASCAR 08, etc, were horrible excuses for sports video games. I just don't see them screwing up this process again.

Hopefully, Madden/NCAA for the next-gen will be built off of a pure physics/momentum engine and not just canned-animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #32
Rookie

Jaaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Hate to say this, because I want nothing more than a great college football game, but I fully expect 13 to suck. It will suck just enough less than 12 to warrant passing it off as a "new" game. Rinse and repeat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »