Home

Dynamic Player Development

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Development within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Dynamic Player Development

This is a fantastic idea. Player progression and recruits in general really are lacking and make this game less realistic/fun to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Ok so one more is how can we incorporate playing time into progression.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #27
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0

This certainly would make NCAA a far more enticing piece of gameplay. If they added the S&C idea you had, I wouldn't even need to play the games in season. I could literally focus on recruiting and training the athletes the entire time and not even miss the actual games one bit. I hope something happens with recruiting/recruits to make it a more in depth and unique experience. It would do wonders for the NCAA football franchise.

EA PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND LISTEN!!!

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #28
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDGipper32
This certainly would make NCAA a far more enticing piece of gameplay. If they added the S&C idea you had, I wouldn't even need to play the games in season. I could literally focus on recruiting and training the athletes the entire time and not even miss the actual games one bit. I hope something happens with recruiting/recruits to make it a more in depth and unique experience. It would do wonders for the NCAA football franchise.

EA PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND LISTEN!!!
I don't think this could be included in this years game but next year?!?! Possible.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #29
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I don't think this could be included in this years game but next year?!?! Possible.
let's hope so. it would do wonders for the franchise.

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
Rookie

CoreySmall's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
How do you decide who gets to hire those coaches or scouts? Does every team have a budget? How do you determine what that budget is?
i think that's very important to make a budget. before do it, we should make a plan . you could get a better result.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #31
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

It would probably be easiest if budgets were directly related to prestige (Star Rating) with performance bonuses & incentives.

So Texas, Alabama, Ohio State would all have big budgets (like real life) and schools from the Sun Belt would have smaller budgets. All teams would be eligible for performance bonuses (meeting contract goals) or things like "win all your home games" - things that realistically would increase revenue for the school.

Schools could "work up the ranks" or stay competitive by hiring and recruiting for a specific play style. Say you want to throw the ball all over the field and try to outscore opponents - you would hire coaches that weren't great all-around but were good and QB's and WR's and would allow you to cater towards your play style.

It wouldn't be dissimilar from the recruiting "budget" system from NCAA 06 only instead of choosing recruiting, discipline, etc you're choosing coaches that have different traits that would be focused more towards specific things in your system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbails35
Even though I don't post on here very often, I must say this is one of the best ideas I've seen. One question though, if say a 5 star WR like the one you described went to a bad system but instead of a D work ethic say had a A work ethic would you say that he would go from an 80 to say an 88 by the end of his career? I think even if a player wasn't in the right system his work ethic should still allow him to become a better player and become one of those players that could be a bit of a surprise in the NFL.
Yes, I agree that guys with good work ethic would still have the ability to be great players, but I think the speed of their progression might not be as fast as a result of the coaches and program they play for.

It would be like real life. You don't normally see guys from poor programs being early entry guys, but they still might be high draft picks by their senior year. So let's take that player you picked who is a 5 star guy, good tools and has a great work ethic.

Scenario A - he chooses to go to Alabama with a great WR coach

Starts as an 80, progresses to a 92 by the end of his junior year and leaves early for the NFL draft.

Scenario B - he chooses to go to Arkansas State

Starts as an 80, progresses slower (to an 88 by his Jr. year) and to a 92-93 by the end of his senior year.

So, with his work ethic, potential, and ability he will still end up being a good football player - but his choice of program will change how rapidly he progresses.

Thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »