Home

I am actually still enjoying the game

This is a discussion on I am actually still enjoying the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I am actually still enjoying the game

I have owned every NCAA Football since its inception as Bill Walsh and there have been some good ones and some bad ones. I am enjoying this game a lot and i look forward to NCAA 13. Don't get me wrong there are bugs that can drive me crazy sometimes but i understand it's a game and it will never be perfect. I don't play online but i understand there many problems with the online play. There are things that i like such as: the tackle animations, the sideline catch animations, the OL/DL line interaction, the read option game, the return game. Outside of game play, i like the ability to edit players in dynasty(this comes in handy because i boost the CPU players i am playing against before i play them thus making the games more competitive), I like the equipment additions, I like the ability to re-align conferences. There is plenty of room for improvement such as: the replays are cut short 50% of the time for me(PS3), only solo tackles are displayed in the stats, jumping for a jump ball is a crap-shoot cuz my receiver hardly ever jumps the right way, post touchdown celebrations should have never been taken out(bad move EA), better run animations(2011 wasnt bad), CPU running, skills practices such as the Oklahoma drill and pocket awareness to help your players get better, I really miss the 40 yrd dash when creating a player(prolly not ever gonna happen again though).
There some tips i use to make the game more enjoyable for me: First and foremost i play it like a coach, i punt when it's time to punt, i never run the same play twice in a row and i seldom line up in the same formation twice in a row, I use my hot routes on offense and defense and i also use hard counts. The biggest thing i do before i play a game in dynasty is i bump the awareness of my opponents player's that need it. This makes a huge difference in regards to keeping the games close. There plenty of bugs i would like to see fixed as well but every game has bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am actually still enjoying the game

How is the RTG mode? I never played a college football game before and I am a huge fan of my player mode from 2k games.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

RTG is okay, i played it more in this year's game than in year's past. It's pretty realistic.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

I understand that it's a video game and it's not perfect, but when games like The Show, Fifa, NBA 2K come out and don't have the glaring issues and features missing from year's past, then it's just a sad excuse for a football game and video game period.

This game used to be IT. Now it's just a time waster until Call of Duty or other big fall/holiday releases come out. I'm not wasting my money anymore.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Rookie

dubuque's Arena

OVR: 5

ive been playing this series since ncaa football 03 and i like it

MLB: chicago cubs
NBA: chicago bulls
MILB: cedar rapids kernels
NHL: chicago blackhawks
NFL: chicago bears
NCAA: FB iowa
NCAA: MBB northern iowa
USHL: dubuque fighting saints
NCAA Hockey: north dakota fighting Sioux
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I had played my first game in about a month last night bc i was moving and couldnt access my OD. But I still enjoy it and will hang on to it and continue playing it.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am 21 years into my NCAA 11 dynasty and am still really enjoying. Through a good slider set and various house rules I'm still having close, exciting games. I still play '11 more than all my other games combined.

Never bought '12 because I was waiting for all the problems to get fixed. I probably will just stick with this dynasty until the next generation of consoles unless '13 just blows everyone away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »