Home

Offensive Coordinator = Frustration

This is a discussion on Offensive Coordinator = Frustration within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #9
Rookie

Qck Dagger HeaT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Offensive Coordinator = Frustration

So after the first quarter i am up 28-0 against Marshall I have 2 passing TDs one rushing TD and a Pick 6 by my RE O.O he just threw it 2 him when i blitzed and there was no 1 even close to around him he took it 43 yards.....I lost my starting HB for 6 weeks which really suxs gonna make the run game a little harder. Also there have been 6 Face mask penalties in the first Quarter........and one has been on me and 5 on the computer. I hope you lowering it will change next week, bout to finish the game though post results as soon as i finish

Last edited by Qck Dagger HeaT; 03-07-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Offensive Coordinator = Frustration

The supersim of the defense can be so incredibly infuriating. Take the following situation:

I have worked my way up to Florida OC and been there a few seasons turning down some lesser HC job offers waiting for an offer from a 4 star or higher program. I had noticed the ineptitude of my defense (94 overall) during the past season so I do everything in my power to avoid them being on the field in key situations. The game in questions is a key SEC battle with national title implications in my OD.

Down by 3 I get the ball with about 2 minutes left after my defense gave up a TD. (Only down by three because my 99 overall kicker missed a fg and an ep, which was somehow fairly typical). I drive down the field quickly get in first and goal from the three with about 40 seconds left. I take a knee to run down the clock and avoid my defense blowing the game late. I run a play with seven seconds left figuring I will score a TD or if I get stopped I will at least tie with a FG. I score a TD and there is 2 seconds left on clock. I supersim, My 99 power kicker only kicks the ball to the two yard line and they take it to the house. EVERY OTHER KICKOFF HAD BEEN A TOUCHBACK IN THAT GAME EXCEPT FOR THE ONE WITH NO TIME... It was the closest I have ever been to throwing my controller.

That play cost me an invitation to the national title. My buddy goes on to win the National Title... I had beat him 52-14 heads up earlier in the year. Gag me.

Watching plays help's a little but is still not fool proof. The same 94 overall defense gave up 600+ yards to a 78 overall offense while watching every play.

I had been waiting for a good HC job but immediately left for the first HC job offered. I just couldn't take it anymore. So many ridiculous things happen in Super Sim or with your defense. Late in a game with your defense on the field the CPU will score 90% of the time. Just ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »