Home

Option Plays Break Defense

This is a discussion on Option Plays Break Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
Option Plays Break Defense

I've not seen this issue discussed or mentioned, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Has anybody else had issues when running read options, triple options and the like (never saw it on a speed or load options, only ones that involve possible handoffs)? Specifically, where one of the defensive backs will move to the sideline and stand still?

I've seen this issue over and over and over because I've played dynasties running spread and triple option. At first I thought it was a vs. CPU issue only, but then a friend of mine ran a play like that and the DB ran over to the sideline and stood there and I couldn't gain control of him quick enough (not that it mattered in that game since he destroyed me).

So, anybody else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Option Plays Break Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
I've not seen this issue discussed or mentioned, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Has anybody else had issues when running read options, triple options and the like (never saw it on a speed or load options, only ones that involve possible handoffs)? Specifically, where one of the defensive backs will move to the sideline and stand still?

I've seen this issue over and over and over because I've played dynasties running spread and triple option. At first I thought it was a vs. CPU issue only, but then a friend of mine ran a play like that and the DB ran over to the sideline and stood there and I couldn't gain control of him quick enough (not that it mattered in that game since he destroyed me).

So, anybody else notice this?
Yeah I have...I've noticed that every option play except triple options are broken in some way at some point. And triple option may be broken, but I've ran it in dynasties and never noticed the issues that I did with the other option games.

Like on Read option/Spread Option plays where the defense commits one way and after you make your read and either keep or hand off, they instantly shed blocks or change direction to get you for a loss. Or the DB thing which is meant to guarantee you a huge gain
Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

This has been a problem since the game came out......Grant it they don't do it all the time you run it, but they do it enough times where as you can clearly notice it.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Rookie

llJAEll's Arena

OVR: 1

Yep, that happens to me a lot in my online dynasty. I laugh out loud every time. If you watch the field after the play the DB will still be standing there staring into space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

It's not just option plays either.
I ran HB Dive out of the Ace Normal formation and my RB broke through the line and was basically going to have a 1 on 1 situation with the CPU FS, but the FS decided to turn around and run full speed backwards and let me run right by him for 6 instead of at least attempting to tackle me.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Yup you can run just a normal speed option and in the harder levels it's amazing how fast a corner will recognize the play instantly leaving his Wr because the CPU knows your play....

You can then go back and look at instant replay and see your Wr was uncovered by 15+ yards but since it was not a option pass play the CPU can just leave the Wr they are covering without a care in the world because there is nothing you can do about it since you can't throw it. But then try to run a option pass and the corner will never leave his Wr open like on a normal option.

I guess mine might be more of a CPU cheating and knowing your play kinda thing but it still has to do with the option lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »