Home

NC Freeze / Glitch Solution Tested - Worked Fine For Us

This is a discussion on NC Freeze / Glitch Solution Tested - Worked Fine For Us within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
NC Freeze / Glitch Solution Tested - Worked Fine For Us

Just thought I'd pass along this in case it might help someone else. We played our online dynasty national championship this evening, which was a BCS bowl (obviously) and a User vs. User game, which as I've come to understand incurs a nasty glitch / freeze error. We first tried to play the game with custom playbooks, offensive and defensive. We tried to start the game about five times this way and every single time it froze requiring a restart of the system. I started doing some research on here and NCAA Utopia and based upon all the advice from fellow gamers I pretty much had two things to try, together.

1. Do not use custom playbooks (which sucks massively once you've built one and gotten completely used to it).
2. Auto Re-Order your roster before the game. Once you are inside, you can pause and put people in different places if need be.

I'm not sure if just one of these "fixes" alone would be enough, but together they did the trick for us. We had a clean game, save for two small "please wait" spinning pinwheels that lasted about two seconds apiece. Other than that, no glitches, no freezes...just a regular game with the standard slight lag you find in online User vs. User compared to CPU games.

Hopefully EA sixes this oddball issue...highly unlikely with their track record for denial, craptastic support and with NCAA13 looming, but until that time perhaps the combination of these two tricks will help your OD get on with it. The fact you cannot use your custom playbooks vs. a User sucks mad balls. I have gotten so used to it that I had to use ND's standard play book, which leaves some to be desired unfortunately, and lost a close one 27-21 to Alabama. Having the ability to pick and choose your own formations and plays is really nice except when you cannot use it or the game shuts down...might wanna look into that EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NC Freeze / Glitch Solution Tested - Worked Fine For Us

Nice! I will definitely try this out in the user v user bowl that I have. Thanks for posting this. We definitely have run the gamut of things tried to make the game not freeze. I think our next step was going to be holding some sort of seance to summon otherworldly entities to alter the physical makeup of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »