Home

Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year?

This is a discussion on Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year?

i did get sucked in for NCAA 12, really never bought the other ones on release date. To be honest i really wanna get NCAA 13 because i just love college football games, but i dont think i really will be picking it up on release date.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I do most years. I didn't buy NCAA 12 because I really enjoyed NCAA 11 and still do so I thought I would take a year off.

I'm going to buy NCAA 13. If the new presentation and dynasty features are implemented decently and with the current gameplay, I'll enjoy the hell out of the game.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

Not getting it until it plays like real football. Tired of this arcade ****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I used to get sucked into the hype, but I finally had it after NCAA 11. I just want a football simulator, and the gameplay on this current-gen has been sub-par in my opinion. There's some fun to be had with it, but it can't even remotely be considered "realistic." With player movement and interactions that are that far off from real-life, there's no way the game can play realistically.

For years, I gave EA the benefit of the doubt because I enjoyed the PS2 games so much. But that credibility finally ran out last year. I rented NCAA 12 for a week, maybe played it 3 of those days, returned it, and didn't look back. It was the same thing as before. A few additions/changes here and there, but nothing major. Nothing on the scale that needs to be done.

I also realized that no amount of constructive criticism on a forum (even one the devs are known to read) would do any good. The only way to voice my dissatisfaction with the direction this franchise is going in is with my wallet.

If they make a great game this year, I'll jump back on board. But I'm not holding my breath.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

With lasts year debacle I am not buying on release day. Instead I will actually spend my summer days lounging outside, golfing,swimming, reading and enjoying the summer, not being inside yelling at this game. Then when the bugs/patches/roster glitches get fixed or added, I will maybe,just maybe buy.

That's what i'm telling myself 4 months from game day....I am willing to bet I will be at gamestop after work on release day with trade in games in hand, ready to come home and play the crap out of the game for 2 straight weeks....all the while cursing and yelling at the bad bugs/glitches/annoying moments.

Can't wait!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

OVR: 0

so I read and read about everyone who complains about the game not really evolving. I am waiting on the damn game to arrive via the ****ty brazilian postal service and i haven't played in years. when i did play i always bought the week it came out and played hours and hours non stop.

has the game just gotten to a point where it is stale? I know commentary has a pretty short shelf life and i know about the glitches with graphics and weird tackles and bad dives that happen, but do you guys really think the game itself is that bad say compared to 5 years ago? or are the complaints because it hasnt evolved enough (and that it is released with glitches).

i dont ever remember having game play issues before, so I am wondering if it is a result of not enough innovation or just broken product that is getting released
Old 03-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #15
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Last year was the final buzz kill for me. I'll still buy it on release day but I won't be getting hyped over much of the info. I'm just hoping it feels a bit different, I'm just burnt out on the current game engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I've bought this game every single year since 1998 and I don't plan on stopping this year. The NCAA Football series is easily my most favorite game series ever. I even play the "bad" years game for 6 months. However, I've pretty much stopped scouring the internet for info like I have in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »