Home

Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year?

This is a discussion on Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #25
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year?

Usually if i get through the first week without checking the forums or playing i can make it without buying it.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been a proud NCAA gamer since 2000 when Ricky Williams graced the cover. For the past 13 years, I've pre-ordered, purchased and looked forward to NCAA Football releasing. I felt as though I've only been "sucked in" for the past 3 years though. Well, the 3rd time was a charm for me! 2012's pill is still stuck in my throat ! Come this July, it kinda saddens me that I will not purchasing 2013.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

I am an old man (34) and have been playing football video games since Bill Walsh, Gamebreaker and NCAA. My best version of NCAA football was 06 then 08. Once it hit the PS3 it was awful. NCAA football 12 was a step in the right direction in some ways but many glitches as well.

I hate to say it but there is NO way I get sucked in again. Listen I do not care about "fluff" such as mascots or 50 different wardrobe options. I want AI, physics and some sense of realism including sliders, player attributes and ratings that mean something. I know it is a game and will never be real life but EA can give us better.

I commend EA for the running game and fixing the suction blocking and tackling along with other things. They have the know how to make an awesome product but I guess they think if they make it perfect then next year we would pay 60 bucks for the same great game with a roster update.

Wait we already do that every year except for the great part.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 03-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #28
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i have the 3 day trial pass, but i am very interested in the next edition of the game....

i dont see how i couldn't be, i am a hardcore offline sports gamer.

and with gamestop's new policy of trading it in for $30 within 2 months its not a huge pain on the wallet..

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 03-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #29
Rookie

huntswithweim's Arena

OVR: 1

Been buying this game since 2000 and will continue because I am an idiot.
2011 wasn’t great but still playable for a long time. In the past I would play NCAA till March or April. Last years I traded in September, it was just bad. If they could just get the pass trajectory, superman/ physic DB and a few other gameplay issues fixed I think it would regain its long term playability. I said I was going to wait to by 2013 but here I am hanging out in the NCAA forum in March, I will cave and preorder it.>>

Last edited by huntswithweim; 03-21-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: because
Old 03-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #30
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I hear ya man. Been buying it every year since 2000 as well. I think EA focuses too much on cosmetic crap like mascots and the dreadful road to glory. I think it's amazing that thousands of people complain about the same gameplay issues..... and each year we become complacent because we have no second choice. EA owns us. I hate to say it but it's true. they have no competition so they just make minor tweaks, and sell you the same game with new uniforms and rosters.
I told myself last year if it sucked like 11 i was taking it back, i know i'll buy it like ive been doing for 12 years. I'm 29 years old, and this is the only game I play. If 13 blows, maybe I should give up gaming knowing I had the most fun with my friends playing between 05-07.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #31
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I think EA focuses too much on cosmetic crap
judging from the number of posts on this forum about dreadlocks, socks, thighpads, and skinny arms it seems to be a pressing matter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've owned every NCAA football since 1998 with Danny Wuerful on the cover.

Last year I was SEVERELY dissappointed in the game. I used to be a sports only gamer until NCAA and Madden 12 BOTH fell way short of my expectations. For the longest time I was a sports game only guy, but with how bad NCAA and Madden were this year I looked at playing other types of games and felt bummed out by how great those were and how polished they felt compared to the EA titles.

I started this thread, and I do feel sucked in again by all the information. With the new information I find myself saying, "Well how's that going to screw up something else?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »